The Head of Social Practice is a newly created role within MediaCom UK. This high-profile position will require you to transform the sum of our agency’s social parts into an industry-leading proposition. You will be a figurehead for our people, our clients and the industry, and critical to our digital transformation. You will be the ‘go to’ individual in the UK, for all our people and clients, for all social media brands in the UK, to ensure that we are leaders rather than followers.
This role reports directly into our Chief Digital Officer (CDO.)
As this is a senior position with a high level of responsibility, you will:
Be able to work autonomously and be self-driven
Preferably have experience of a leadership position within social media
Have experience of advising senior leaders
Be able to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Have experience and expertise in designing and implementing cross-platform social media strategies
Have experience of managing large cross-functional teams and projects, at speed
Have experience working with technological and creative applications
Have experience managing and improving the quality of client social strategies
Have experience in building high-performing direct reports and teams through mentoring and coaching
Utilise analytical skills, with experience in using data-driven decision making
Have experience working on customer and marketing analytics
Have an interest in social media innovation
- Line manage a team of four Social Directors, who will each be responsible for the newly created roles responsible for social commerce, reputational risk, commercial acumen and platform leadership
- Play an essential role in our plans to grow by developing and executing a cohesive Paid Social development plan across all our business groups
- Develop and execute relevant training in conjunction with our senior digital leadership team and our L&D function that aligns with our business goals
- Be the internal and external expert on, and ‘go to’ regarding all social media platforms in the UK
- Increase our profile at relevant public events as an ambassador for MediaCom
- Keep track of emerging themes and trends to ensure we are key commentators and thought leaders in the industry
- Organise events that promote the work of the Practice
- Identify new business opportunities
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.