Hearst has an exciting opportunity to join the award winning Branded Content team as an Integrated Designer. This position is responsible for the creation of print and some digital content which support commercial projects within the Hearst portfolio.
As a member of the Branded Content team you will work closely with the art team to develop and implement visual content from initial design concept through to the final product. This will include the core magazines and all brand extensions. The right candidate will thrive in a busy workplace and be happy to work at times autonomously and manage their entire production process from initial concepts through to the finished signed off design. You must be ambitious and able to multi-task whilst juggling many projects, live dates and managing the expectations of all internal and external stakeholders.
Creativity and an understanding of print and digital design best practice is key to the role. Adhering to the creative strategy and the brand design blue print, you will create wonderfully imaginative design content.
• Create industry leading content that thrills and delights our audiences and advertisers
• Work to a unique visual style for each brand that drives home its positioning in the mind of the consumer
• Design visuals that perfectly complement editorial content and that follow the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each brand.
• Work with the art team to ensure all styles and deadlines are met
• At times help support the digital design team on live projects
• Liaise with editorial teams from time to time on design direction
• Work with content editors and the project management team to ensure jobs keep moving
• Take in amends from clients and have the design knowledge to implement in the best way whilst keeping true to Hearst brands
• Experience/knowledge of art directing small photoshoots
• Understand the visual difference of the brands and have a disciplined approach to maintaining their visual identities.
• Produce mock-ups to accompany pitch ideas across print and digital
• To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the prescribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create content
• To be fully involved with and cognisant of all aspects of pre-press; namely: Colour management, including changing and enhancing colour for press, Image manipulation, Cut-outs including use of masks and PDF pre-flighting.
• Help send print pages to press and troubleshoot if needed
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required
• To maintain the high standard of design on the brand, and to look for fresh solutions and ideas.
• Contribute as and when is necessary to social content
• Demonstrable design experience on a consumer title
• An active interest in the relevant brands
• Organised and methodical approach to work
• Collaborative approach and able to work effectively when under pressure
• Well versed in InDesign, Illustrator Photoshop and After Effects
• Excellent and continually developed knowledge of design, typography, photography, video and illustration
• Passion, enthusiasm and an endless supply of new ideas
• Demonstrable experience working within a similar role
• Excellent understanding of working within a team
• Proven experience using initiative and making design decisions