We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
Sky's Network Engineering directorate, part of Technology UK is responsible for the architecture, design and planning of Sky's Broadband, Mobile, Telephony networks and Cloud infrastructure. The directorate has initiated an internship programme seeking either full-time or part-time Intern Software Developers, where the roles are available on a Fixed Term Contract basis for up to 12-months.
'A range of pre and post-graduate levels projects have been identified which all include software development within a Telecommunications context. Some projects are data analysis and modelling focused, whilst others are focused upon network integration testing and systems development" - Head of Analytics & Planning, Telecom Engineering.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Work with Senior Developers, Network Engineers and Network Data Scientists who will support you to improve your knowledge and skill sets.
- Studied towards BSc, MSc, PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Highly productive, passionate, self-motivated, and a fast learner
- Experience in Python to under-graduate standard or equivalent
- Awareness of software design concepts and implementation
- Good maths and problem-solving skills, keen analytical mindset as well as clear and candid written and verbal communication
- Examples of own demos, with source code, very beneficial
- Networking/Telecommunications knowledge is advantageous
- Interested to quickly pick up and work on new technologies and tools
- Keen to push forward the adoption of new technologies
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about