Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£10million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
We are looking for a strong team player to join us on our journey in establishing Papier as the leading online brand in personalised printing.
Under the direction of the Brand Art Director, the Junior Graphic Designer will support the business in elevating the voice of our brand through projects across digital and print design.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for design, a love of stationery, and a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking and technical know-how. As well as being a talented designer we’re looking for someone who is willing to learn, looking to get stuck in, and grow within our small dedicated team.
- Designing a range of visual content across both print and digital – working on briefs from all teams including marketing and PR teams.
- Assisting across all stages of projects from concepting to final artworking.
- Repurposing digital assets for use across different platforms, including paid social ads, saving out pixel perfect images ready for upload to the site
- Retouching images and comping in products
- Creating social media assets
- Delivering quality design work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Assisting the Art director and Creative director with prepping for shoots
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into communication and design.
- Working alongside other team members and departments in a collaborative manner to assist in the voice of the brand being effectively communicated.
- Graphic Design experience within a professional environment
- Ability to follow our brand guidelines
- Proven track record of producing strong design work for brands either in house or agency, with a strong portfolio to support
- Digital and print experience.
- Good knowledge of paper stock, print techniques and print production
- Attention to detail with excellent typography & layout skills
- Good understanding of preparing artwork for print and web
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Illustration skills a plus
- Qualified at undergraduate level or above
- Central London office location
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Regular team lunches, events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!