As Junior Content Producer at Time Out, you will be responsible for developing and creating content for Time Out’s social media platforms. You’ll be equally as comfortable shooting, scripting and editing engaging video content as you are creating a Tik Tok challenge or scripting an Instagram Story. As well as occasionally writing for the Time Out website.
You will research, prepare and develop the messaging to maximise audience engagement, capturing the strategy and objectives of the brand and needs of the Londoners you represent.
An enthusiasm for technology and creating great online experiences is a must, but we hope you’ll also want to celebrate everything about the city you live in – from arts and culture to food and drink, film and entertainment and everything in between!
Also sharp, witty and well-rounded? This one's for you.
● Write and edit copy for digital use
● Obtain media assets for use within content creation
● Storyboard and outline script ideas for content to be developed
● Capture images and audio using basic video, still cameras and equipment (training can be provided but basic knowledge is preferable)
● Present ideas, pitches and proposals for creative content development
● Identify and recommend the appropriate platforms to use for campaigns
● Use packages such as Adobe Photoshop or Premiere Pro, InVideo and Canva to edit and post produce content
● Assist in posting and engaging with audiences through social media
● Understand the user experience to ensure content maximises on engagement
Skills and Experience
● A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of social media
● A writer of engaging copy in line with editorial standards
● Has a flare for originality and innovation
● Maintains a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
● Can work to tight deadlines and thrives under pressure
● Demonstrates great organisational skills and has the ability to prioritise
● Tech-savvy: an absolute smartphone wizard
● Experience or want to work in social and digital media, news or publishing
● Five GCSEs, including English at grade C or above, and/or A levels, preferably in English, Technology or Journalism
● Additional languages desirable but not essential
Please note due to government funding restrictions you may not be eligible for this position if you have already gained significant experience or qualifications in the position you are applying for.
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
Be commercially astute
Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Be a team player
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender, gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
It all began in London in 1968 when Time Out helped people discover the exciting new urban cultures that had started up all over the capital. Since then, this iconic brand has consistently maintained its status as the go-to source of inspiration for both locals and visitors alike.
Time Out Group has been named one of the Most Innovative Companies for 2020 by Fast Company - this prestigious annual list honours the businesses making the most profound impact on both industry and culture, showcasing a variety of ways to thrive in today’s fast-changing world. The Group comprises two highly synergistic business divisions: Time Out Media and Time Out Market.
Time Out Media’s digital and physical media proposition comprises websites, mobile, social media, print and live events. Across these platforms, Time Out distributes its high-quality content – written and curated by local expert journalists – around the best food, drinks, culture, art, music, theatre, travel and entertainment in 328 cities and 58 countries. The Company is monetising this global reach and its strong traffic from a desirable audience via digital and print advertising as well as e-commerce. Since its launch 50 years ago, Time Out has become a global brand that advertisers and consumers love and trust.
Time Out Market is a food and cultural market leveraging the Time Out brand to bring the best of the city under one roof: its best chefs, drinks and cultural experiences – based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. The world’s first food and cultural market experience based wholly on editorial curation, Time Out Market captures decades of local knowledge, independent reviews and expert opinions. Everything that is being offered in Time Out Market must have been reviewed with four or five stars, and not one star less, by independent Time Out journalists.
The first Time Out Market opened in Lisbon in 2014 and is now Portugal’s most popular attraction with 4.1 million visitors in 2019. Following this success, five new Time Out Markets opened in North America in 2019 in Miami, New York, Boston, Montréal and Chicago. A further pipeline of other global locations includes Dubai, Porto, London and Prague.
Across both business divisions, the Group’s mission is to help people around the world go out better.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them. As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Tokyo and Sydney and beyond. It’s our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness that make us successful and a unique team.