YSSO is an early stage startup in fashion. It is an online, direct to consumer business, which is design and fashion led. We create jewellery designs following strong design principles and strong aesthetic vision. The founder and CEO has a multi-disciplinary background in business, and is the creative lead to the brand - the main photographer, stylist and team leader. The brand stands for slow production, artisan made and the celebration of hand crafted jewellery.
We are looking for a confident designer with the ability to have critical and lateral thinking and a pragmatic approach to strategy and problem solving. Great design is very important to YSSO. Our brand identity has been developed by a leading graphic designer studio based in London. he founder of the brand is the main photographer and creative director of the brand.
Our website and visuals are our main way of communicating our world, therefore we are looking for someone who wants to join an early stage business with a potential to grow in it.
YSSO is a photographic-centric brand that values above all great design.
The Junior Graphic Designer will help us with the blog, newsletter and website banners and to communicate the new seasonal campaigns.
Ideally the same person would be able to create custom artwork on an ongoing basis for these assets as well.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Ability to apply the brand guidelines, understand the brand aesthetic and apply it in the visual communications and via the creation of new designs. These designs will be for the on-going communications of the brand, for example, small GIFs, illustrations, and typographic applications.
- Ideall to have experience in using Mailchimp templates
- Ideal to be able to create vector illustrations and hand drawn illustrations and graphics.
- Ideal to be able to carry out photography and video editing.
- Might include day-to-day administrative tasks relating to content creation, might involve some assistance with campaign production.
- Will periodically work with out external designer, who lead the brand identity creation, in understanding and moving forward with excecuting brand assets.
- Have a degree and experience as a graphic designer and extensive knowledge and experience of Adobe CC
- Have a portfolio as well as original work
- Enjoys turning complex concepts into clear visuals – enjoys fine art, and photography
- Has knowledge of History of Art
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and wants to create something new and unique
- Illustration, packaging and web design are a plus
- Knowledge and love for typography