We are looking for a Lead of Design to support the Creative Director and Art Directors to elevate all the creative work done at Sudler London.
The Lead Designer will take a central role at Sudler London in the delivery of projects. They will be directly responsible for the Quality, Creativity and Delivery of the projects they are developing / overseeing.
They will be expected to work closely with the creative team (creative director/art directors/designers/studio manager/art-workers/suppliers) to enhance craft, while ensuring everything done is not only outstanding through a creative point of view, but also relevant to our clients. They will also be expected to work closely with the wider creative team to deliver consistently original solutions, crafted to the highest standards.
The Lead designer needs to be proficient in typography, illustration, photography/retouch, layouts and digital design. An extremely creative mind that can absorb visual trends and deploy them in fresh and exciting ways.
• Produce award winning visual designs that show imagination and flair
• Interact regularly with clients and confidently conduct presentations
• Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Take briefs from clients and intelligently review them in order to identify and
understand the business objectives
• Masters Creative suite package (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
• Have more than 7 years of industry experience in the design field (advertising agency or design studio)
• Contributes to the creation and definition of flexible, coherent design systems and visual languages
• Contributes to the definition of art direction styles
• Understands and is able to extend the visual language of a project, taking into consideration existing brand guidelines and aesthetics
• Understands Brand and Visual Design as a discipline and a practice
• Has a holistic understanding and ability to assess the competitive landscape of design and branding
• Works across multiple digital and physical channels
• Is a team player and confident working with clients and other disciplines
• Has a proactive, positive can-do approach and engages with the team around them
• Explains and articulates design decisions and rationale with confidence, and provides design feedback
• Communicates effectively in verbal or written form, professionally and in a transparent manner
• Able to inspire colleagues - from account teams to creative to production – with their own work ethic, their fresh new ideas and leadership.
• A leader who is excited to not just do hands on design but who is also excited to lead and manage a team. The design team now has 3 people and potential to grow.