We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers. We have a new approach, a new platform and even a new team of data scientists to help us.
Product Owner Analytics is part of Applied Business Analytics within DTA and will report to the Business Lead
"Applied Business Analytics is a brand new team in DTA and Sky and we are helping shape the future by introducing AI and data science and unlocking new opportunities and efficiencies untouched until now and everyone is excited" - Director Applied Business Analytics
This is a brand new team in DTA.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Product Owner, be responsible for maximising the value of the product resulting from the work of the Applied Business Analytics and accelerating Sky use of data to differentiate it in the market and make us more relevant to our customer. Our products will range from Next Best Action, through our Communications & Journey Optimiser right through to our content valuation tool.
- Define the use case/end to end solutions that deliver maximum customer and business impact, working out where to take the product next and detail the next features and be primarily responsible for prioritising the backlog with the support of translators in the squad
- Be the voice of the customer, and restless in the pursuit of great use and impact of the product and champion and articulate the vision when managing stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Ask probing questions and challenge assumptions and spot gaps that will prevent product success and be driven by data, and promotes a 'test and learn' culture in order to validate assumptions about our customers
- Deeply understand the goals of the squad, and the drivers of success in order to help shape the roadmap and be relentlessly focused on delivering squad KPIs and ultimately EBIT
- Be agile evangelists and helps the rest of the business adapt to Agile ways of working
- Lead others, including more junior Product Owners to solve complex problems and manage employees where relevant and be accountable for the performance of this in the team
- Skills to help the squad understand and work to the vision
- Communication skills to keep stakeholders up to date about progress, as well as helping the dev teams see the wider picture
- The ability to create a framework to enable everyday innovation and ability to drive a culture of experimentation and tests assumptions about value
- Skills to support achievement of ABA goals and customer KPIs, commercial KPIs and WoW
- Healthy and proactive management skills of backlog in a consistent visible manner
- Backlog managed and prioritised based on the highest customer and commercial impact with decision making, and data driven skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about