Finance at AstraZeneca has a clear vision to become trusted partners, creating value and leading change. As such, Finance has a pivotal role to play in shaping our long-term financial health, partnering to deliver great results through insight, delivering excellence in financial operations and safeguarding AstraZeneca’s assets and reputation.
In Finance Transformation, we support this ambition by being trusted partners for change excellence and building long-term capabilities to make us future-fit. This is where you could come in. Working in Finance Transformation is fast-paced, dynamic and challenging. We are looking for people who want to seize the opportunity to take an exciting step in theirpersonal development journey and play a fundamental part of delivering a world-class finance organisation.
Our Project Managers lead our projects on-time, on-budget and in adherence with quality and compliance standards. The role has responsibility for both people and shaping programme solutions and acts as a liaison between the programme and business stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are effectively translated into solutions and benefits areunderstood. They will support the development and management of supplier contracts, and manage programme transitions to business as usual services. The role ensures that project teams adopt quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures. May have accountability for an element of a larger project.
· Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements to ensure deliverables are met effectively and efficiently
· Mobilises project resources for programme.
· Manages large and complex projects, including the initiation and maintenance of supplier contracts
· Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
· Manages relationships with key business stakeholders and ensures that business requirements are effectively captured and the impact of project/programmes are understood by the business
· Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration amongst the team and business stakeholders
· Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies
· Reviews deliverables prepared by team and provides sign-off prior to engaging business stakeholders
· Resolves complex quality and compliance risks and issues and ensure team adopts quality assurance policies and procedures
· Drives collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst project teams
· Identifies and drives resolution of risks
· Undertakes engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
· Manages project budget and ensures escalation of cost changes
· Develops project planning and action logs, risks and issues reports
· Develop transition plans into business areas and ensure controlled hand-overs to users and business as usual processes
Your skills and qualifications
· Experience in programme/project management, with a proven track record
· Demonstrate strong, communication and relationship building skills with experience of collaborating and sharing knowledge between teams
· Evidence of shaping and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
· Strong networking/consulting skills with good internal/external links
· Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and in alignment with AZ business
· Proven track record in delivering high risk programme/projects and decision making
· Excellent business engagement and business acumen with sensitivity to political/economic environment
· Experience of managing and controlling a budget
· Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
· Project Management qualification
· Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements