LUX is accepting applications for the LUX Curatorial Fellowship.
*New Deadline - Midnight on 1st May 2020
The LUX Curatorial Fellowship is a new initiative which offers an emergent curator the opportunity to curate the on and offsite LUX London programme over an 18-month period with professional development support from LUX staff. We are looking for a creative, committed individual who is passionate about the work of LUX and sharing it with the widest range of publics. We are interested in your ideas and want to learn from you too so applicants should not feel that they need to solely reflect LUX’s previous work but rather make bold propositions for the future of artists’ moving image practices. In return LUX can offer a supportive, creative work environment, access to our large national and international networks and day to day mentoring support, including ongoing professional development support beyond the contracted period as part of the fellowship alumni.
Dates: May 2020 – October 2021 inclusive
Days: Part time – days by agreement including some evening and weekend work
Contract: 18 months fixed term, with 3-month probationary period
Based at: LUX, Waterlow Park Centre, Waterlow Park, Dartmouth Park Hill,
· To develop and implement a complete public programme for the 18-month
period including exhibitions and events (on and off site).
· Develop creative outreach strategies for working with the wider park in which
· Effectively manage relationships with exhibiting artists, partners and funders.
· To develop and oversee the exhibition production in collaboration with the
artists, technicians, designers, partners, funders and other LUX staff.
· To ensure exhibitions and events are produced to a high standard, on time and
. To work closely with other LUX staff to link the public programme with other LUX
activities particularly distribution/ collection department and LUX Scotland.
· To proactively research and raise funds to support the public programme in
collaboration with the LUX Director
Marketing and Audience Development
· To produce press releases, and texts to deadline, and proactively seek press
· To develop outreach strategies to increase the number and diversity of visitors to
LUX, including but not limited to exhibition tours, artist talks and school visits.
. To contribute to LUX’s social media and digital presence through regular posts on
twitter, Instagram, Facebook and on the LUX website.
. To oversee the collection of audience data to support programme assessments.
· To promote LUX and its programme at national and international level, attending
external events to act as ambassador for the organisation;
· To understand, embrace and promote the ethos of the organisation;
· To nurture LUX’s local, national and international partnerships and seek to
Deadline for Applications: Midnight on 1st May 2020 (New Deadline)
For more information and to apply please download and read the application pack on LUX website.