Marketing and Sales Manager
Based in London with travel and driving to events in the UK required
NewGen Bikes was born from the desire to bring a fresh look to electric bikes. Our flagship electric bike, the 345, was designed to combine the look and lifestyle of a motorcycle, with the ease of use and accessibility of a bicycle. With operations in London and Somerset, all our 345 are built in the UK.
Our culture is based on trust, transparency, communication, and collaboration. We have gained a good reputation in the industry for the delivery of high-quality bikes and excellent customer service and our challenge will be to maintain this as we scale. Having recently closed our first fundraise we are in a strong position to grow our brand and build our community of NewGen customers in the UK and Europe.
As the person in charge of brand building and driving our direct-to-consumer sales, you will join the company in a strategic role at a turning point in our development, reporting directly to our co-founding team.
What you will be responsible for:
● Our direct-to-consumer marketing and sales funnel: you will be in charge of maximising direct to consumer sales by identifying and running effective marketing initiatives online (social media, paid ads, email marketing) and in person (events, festivals and pop-ups) and managing customer inbound requests effectively all the way to conversion. The number of monthly customer inbound requests and achieved sales will be your key measures of success.
● Our social media channels: you will be in charge of managing all of our social media channels and creating regular and engaging photo and video content aligned with our brand and company values.
● Our partnerships with brand ambassadors and content creators: you will identify and bring on board brand ambassadors and partner content creators to support our content creation strategy.
● Our NewGen Bikes community of customers and promoters: our customers have been our biggest promoters to date. While the community of promoters has come together naturally so far, you will be in charge of developing and progressively building the pillars of a more engaged and connected community of NewGen Bikes promoters.
● Content creation and website management: you will be in charge of creating all external digital communications: collateral, email marketing, videos, blogs, advertising, social media, etc. and proactively managing and maintaining the NewGen Bikes website where required.
● Passion for quality consumer products and lifestyle brands, the outdoors and/or the bike culture
● At least 3 years of experience in developing and implementing strategies for campaigns and working with data, analytics and reporting. We appreciate there is an art to marketing and sales but also expect a quantified and analytical approach to testing and measuring effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives
● Strong experience is managing and optimising marketing and sales funnels across each step
● Understanding of website management (CRM, email marketing platforms and Google Analytics)
● Being a natural when it comes to building communities and bringing people on board through friendly and effective verbal and written storytelling
● Strong organisation/multitasking skills
● Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite experience preferable
● Valid driving license and ability to drive to events across the UK where required
We all play a part in growing the value and success of the business. We are here to do a great job, work as a team, grow the business and have lots of fun doing it. As a start-up we do not have big budgets so common sense, initiative, creativity, and problem-solving skills are a need to have in addition to a strong analytical marketing and sales background. This is an opportunity for a self-starter to make an impact and join a team with big ambitions at an early stage in their growth. You can also expect to receive in return:
● Participation in the employee share option plan ahead of the next round of fundraising
● 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
● Generous employee discount on your own 345
If you fit that description and want to join us, please send us your application including CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you, speak soon!