The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering multiple marketing plans for Hearst and 3rd party products and services to drive ambitious growth across Hearst consumer revenues. You will own and manage the marketing plans from concept, execution and analysis. The role reports into the Head of Digital and will have one direct report.
• Working to an agreed budget, be responsible for creating and managing the marketing plan for all non-subscription products (beauty boxes, holidays, courses, events, cookery school and other) and ensuring all elements are on brand, on budget and, ultimately delivering to target.
• Works closely with the commercial teams to create and execute a marketing plan that successfully drives revenue share consumer sales for 3rd party brands.
• Work with our internal teams (mainly CRM) and 3rd party agencies to maximise our opportunity across the entire marketing mix, integrating plans across all channels; email, online (content marketing, PPC, SEO, display and affiliates) and offline (page ads, inserts, direct mail, telemarketing).
Fully manage the relationship with our digital agency ensuring all deadlines are met and acquisition targets are achieved within agreed CPA’s
Responsible for all content marketing - liaises directly with internal web teams for all content marketing across our brand sites and newsletters. Writes draft content briefs for pages on the web which are then passed to web editorial/SEO teams who will optimise the copy and publish the articles.
Create email briefs for all Hearst products and services
Responsible for driving sales through email marketing - liaises directly with the CRM teams to ensure emails are scheduled and optimised to drive maximum sales.
Responsible for planning, creating and executing offline marketing activity across all brands to promote Hearst products and services
Liaises with editorial teams to ensure all pages and inserts are booked in advance
Responsible for briefing 3rd party telemarketing partners for campaigns
Liaises with the CRM Acquisition and Retention Manager for any Direct Marketing and TM.
• Be responsible for planning beyond the marketing effort, thinking about the full customer journey i.e. lead generation, onboarding and customer service and work with the CRM team to ensure effective delivery.
• Be responsible for building a customer research /insight plan to feed back into product and marketing planning.
• Work with product owners to build campaign creative and overtime, a full asset library.
• Responsible for the testing strategy across all marketing channels
• Understand and plan our approach to our different owned media audiences; subscribers, readers and other known customers.
o Subscribers: Work with CRM retention manager to deliver marketing through all subscriber media, ensuring to optimise the balance between driving profitable sales whilst also aiming to add value to our subscribers.
• Responsible for all insights and reporting
• Work closely with legal and commercial to ensure all data is collected with Hearst 1st party opt ins and automated through API’s from 3rd party suppliers, wherever possible.
• Digital marketing (mandatory)
• Project management (mandatory)
• Content marketing (preferred)
• Budget management skills
• Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
• Understanding of traditional marketing channels
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics