We at Hearst Live passionately believe in the power of live experiences in our audience's lives.
By bringing to life our brands we strive to create live experiences that enable, inspire and excite our valued audiences and clients so they can deeply engage with the Hearst brands and audiences.
Hearst Live is the award winning live events division of Hearst UK. Creating live experiences, over 100 events a year, for our iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, ELLE, Harper's Bazaar, Men's Health and Women's Health.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of our multi-media marketing campaigns for our portfolio of in-house and brand sponsored events with the overall objective to maximise ticket sales and meet sponsor brand objectives. This will range from our annual brand activations including Women's Health Live, Red Smart Women Week and Esquire Townhouse, to smaller bespoke and white label events.
• Create and manage fully strategic 360-degree marketing plans for all major events and brand experiences
• Manage allocation of campaign budgets to plan and deliver all ATL and BTL marketing to meet campaign objectives and sponsor obligations
• Build and co-ordinate the delivery of advertising and content media plans across all owned and operated print, digital and social media channels
• Work with the sponsorship, design and event delivery teams to create compelling, fully integrated client branded campaigns and maximise the ROI of our clients' partnership investment
• Co-ordinate the delivery and weekly schedule of consumer emails, delivering engaging and strategic marketing email communications to grow active customer database numbers and deliver sell-out events
• Work closely with editorial teams to amplify editorial coverage and digital and social media reach for each campaign
• Building and managing the Hearst Live website and subsidiary brand event microsites
• Weekly, monthly, annual and campaign reporting feeding back to the client management team to present ROI back to client partners
• Act as senior support for the Senior Marketing Manager and assist with the work directive to Account Executives and Assistants
• Provide learning and support to junior team members
Understanding Brands and Audiences
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Hearst brands and audiences including brand ethos, challenges, consumer passions and how to engage audiences through live experiences
• Experience of working across multiple consumer interest sectors
• Knowledge of how to create, pitch and build integrated live experiences to client brands
• Ability to build and maintain transformational relationships with internal stakeholders and media partners
• Intuition and understanding on how to seek out new audiences with various consumer interests
• Build, manage and maintain communities across multiple brands and passion groups
• Proven ability to build and deliver multi-media marketing campaigns from start to finish
• Demonstrable knowledge on building B2C and B2B consumer databases through data acquisition and email delivery
• Experience of delivering social media campaigns via owned and operated and third-party media channels
• Experience of delivering owned, paid and earned marketing strategies and how to build a compelling 360-degree marketing campaign
• Understanding of how to effectively build the consumer journey and drive consumers through to purchase
• Proven creative and copy-writing skills to create engaging and concise communications
• Understanding of digital optimisation including SEO and PPC
• Experience of building and engaging online communities
• Natural creative flair with a questioning eye for detail
• Excellent communication and confident networker
• Highly organised and a competent multitasker
• Proficient in using spreadsheets, website builders, in-house CMS programmes and all standard Office programs
• Passionate about live experiences and their power to engage audiences
• Proactive, self-starter attitude with a solution led approach
• Experience of working in the events or media industry
• Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy in work standard
• Ability to work as part of a team within office and event environment
• Personable and presentable
• Flexibility - this role involves working numerous evenings and weekends. Commitment to long hours is required during peak event periods.