Expiry date: 09:00, 30 October 2019
The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art, design and performance, home to 2.3m objects spanning 5,000 years of human
ingenuity from around the world. Founded in 1851 to raise the standard of British design and make works of art available to all, today the V&A’s purpose is to champion creative industry, inspire the next generation and spark everyone’s imagination.
The V&A’s Marketing Department is responsible for building the V&A brand across the UK and globally, promoting the V&A’s world-famous exhibitions, galleries and activity with integrated, innovative and high impact campaigns to attract and develop audiences across the V&A sites.
This role will work as an integral part of the V&A marketing team providing essential campaign delivery and implementation for exhibitions and public programme at the V&A South Kensington.
1. Provide project support for the Marketing Managers on major exhibitions and other aspects of the Museum’s headline public programme. Includes working on all aspects of marketing campaign implementation, development of campaign strategies, managing press and out of home advertising, specialist marketing, direct mail, digital display and programmatic advertising, promotions and partnerships.
2. With guidance from the Campaigns Lead, develop and implement marketing campaigns for specific Museum exhibitions, displays and events.
3. With guidance from the Marketing Managers, develop social media content for the exhibitions marketing campaigns, working with Social Media & CRM Officer to ensure all content is relevant and timely, continuing to develop the V&A’s marketing presence on relevant third-party sites (including, but not restricted to) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
4. Working with the Social Media and CRM Officer, ensure excellent copy and imagery is delivered for email marketing campaigns, effectively promoting the exhibitions and displays to our subscriber database.
5. Manage organising marketing events with key marketing partners and contacts (e.g. readers’ evenings, familiarisations trips etc.).
6. Carry out other ad hoc tasks as required by the Marketing Managers and the Campaigns Lead.
7. Be committed to health and safety and ensure familiarity with all of the Museum’s health and safety policies and procedures.
8. Be security conscious, ensure familiarity and co-operation with all museum security procedures and ensure you always wear a security pass when on museum premises.
9. Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to the developments that support the museum’s strategy for widening inclusion, access and diversity.
Demonstrable marketing experience including campaign planning skills and specifically experience of digital marketing, including digital communications and social media.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail.
Copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills.
Experience of print production and in working with designers.
IT literate with specific experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
An organised and flexible approach with the ability to prioritise workload and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
Ability to think creatively and to work under own initiative to meet strict deadlines.
Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels.
Experience within the arts, museum, media, digital, tourism or leisure markets
Familiarity with social media platforms and channel management tools.
Hours/Salary: Net working hours (i.e. excluding meal breaks) are 36 per week. The salary for this role will be equivalent to £22,627 - £26,341 per annum.
Annual leave: 28 days plus 8 days public holidays
Pension benefits: You will be auto enrolled into the Museum’s Group Personal Pension Scheme and have the opportunity on completion of Probation to an enhanced pension provision, including an employer contribution of 10%.
Other benefits: Non-contributory life assurance policy (to value of 4 x annual salary) An interest free season ticket or bicycle loan is available after completion of your probationary period. Free entrance to all the major museums and exhibitions in London as well as many others. Subsidised staff restaurant. Discounts on purchases in V&A shops.
Please note we will only accept applications from candidates who are available to start immeditately.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th October 2019 at 9am.