We’re on the lookout for a brilliant Middleweight Designer to join our fantastic studio for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
This is a unique opportunity to develop one of our key global accounts into a flagship client. The client is an international consumer electronics company. The work involves designing product and communication pages, based on a modular-based structure and guidelines with a good understanding of product storytelling, so a designer who’s happy to artwork is preferable.
Must have excellent layout knowledge and able to photoshop products to a high degree. i.e. Shadow placement, cut outs, retouching when necessary.
Some of the responsibilities include:
● Designing and creating responsive product pages and supporting content, category pages and page banners
● There is also the need to create content for product pages (including retouching, diagrams and some illustrative work)
● Must follow design guidelines and feedback from Senior creative team
● Collaborate, foster and mentor other middle-junior designers with support from the senior creative members
● Taking regular status / review calls with the client who’s based overseas
Specific duties will include:
● Gain a thorough knowledge of our brand guidelines, including colours, layout, constraints, image sizing, etc
● Resourcing and retouching photography
● Creating demonstrative illustrations in Illustrator
● Maintain communication with the project managers to keep them up-to-date on all work being produced and let them know if problems arise
● A strong grasp of client design guidelines
● Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and G Suite tools
● HTML knowledge will be a great advantage
● A good understanding of lighting and shading, as shadows will need to be created for products
● Proficient in layout and typography and retouching
We work with global brands who want to use digital to give every customer a great experience. Our combination of strategy, storytelling and experience design allows us to deliver real impact. Our clients include Sony, Royal Mail, IKEA, Tourism Ireland, Stanley Black & Decker and E.ON.
We do big agency work with a small agency culture. There are 85 of us in the team in the UK and USA, and we are ambitious, sociable, collaborative, transparent and non-hierarchical. We are part of the FutureBrand family and the IPG network.
**Please note, this fixed contract role requires immediate start date - if you have a notice period on your current job or are not able to start for several weeks, please do not apply.**