We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
'The NFL is a huge part of what we do in the Multi Sports team. Working closely with our TV production team we generate content across our editorial, video and social platforms. With at least five games a week, four matches now in London, the playoffs and Super Bowl there is fantastic opportunity to continue building our NFL audience.' Paul Prenderville, Multi Sports Editor
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role of NFL Writer, is to produce, create and co-ordinate digital editorial and video content across Sky Sports Digital and Social Media platforms (www.skysports.com, Sky Sports Mobile applications) and third-party distribution channels.
A journalist-first role but working closing with our brilliant production team to ensure we utilise all our Sky Sports linear, digital and social platforms to engage and reach new audiences.
- Develop an editorial calendar for the season, from breaking news, reports and previews to in-depth feature writing and, creating more coverage than ever before for Sky Sports
- Source, edit and produce vibrant & relevant content of the highest standard; signposting & supporting live coverage, the talking points and the NFL news agenda
- Establish a strong relationship and work closely with NFL UK to ensure we maintain a mutually beneficial relationship that supports key objectives for both Sky Sports and the NFL
- Work with our social media team, utilising Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat to drive traffic to our platforms and build engaged digital communities
- Work closely with the Multi-Sports Content Team to utilise a range of NFL video content across all our digital media platforms
- Collaborate with multiple areas of Sky Sports (Multi-Sports Content Team, Digital and social publishing teams, Sky Sports News, Strategy, Press & Publicity) and in the wider business to ensure we are producing aligned and consistent content to promote our NFL coverage and support specific business KPI's
- Ensure optimum SEO techniques are applied to all content. Engage in a continuous process of measurement and review to ensure the most efficient use of resources and delivery against set KPIs.
- Conform to the highest standard of writing by ensuring that relevant guidelines (including brand guidelines), processes and policies for digital content are adhered to.
- Demonstrable passion and knowledge of NFL - previous sports journalism experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems and social media platforms
- High motivation, be a team player, be creative, self-directed and influential
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced work environment with tight deadlines
- Given the US time zones the ability and flexibility to work out of office hours is a necessity
- To work well within a structure reporting to and working with mangers/senior figures while also directing others to ensure goals are met
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- To believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative
- A strong work ethic and willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary
- To possess a working knowledge of media law
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about