Job Title Partnership Account Manager (12mth contract starting in June 2018)
Interviews for this position will take place w/c 30th April 2018
C4 is owned by the public and fully funded by advertising, so maximising revenue which can be invested back on screen is paramount. Each year the 4Sales team generate over £1billion of advertising revenue, across spot, sponsorship and partnerships that is then used to produce the high quality, innovative and entertaining programming that our viewers love so much. Our commercial strategy focuses on three key areas - innovation, distinctiveness and diversity - to build successful and enduring relationships with advertisers. We’ve been voted Campaign Sales Team of the Year for 3 years in a row!
You’ll be part of the Partnership team and work closely with the Investment and Digital teams to be a conduit and catalyst for C4 and your agencies relationship. You’ll maximise communication, activity, output and non-spot revenue/income, by creating best in class work, including Break Innovation, Content Creation, Sponsorship, Sponsorship Activation, Promotions and Competitions.
1) Managing and servicing your agencies partnership requirements
2) Devising creative solutions - proactively and in response to briefs
3) Preparation and “selling in” broadcast sponsorship
4) Managing sponsorship and creative solutions projects through to completion
5) Management of Account Executive
This role is central to enable both Channel 4 and our agencies to meet and exceed the pre agreed targets and KPIs. You’ll manage all aspects of the partnership process including:
• Agency Relationship Management: Build and develop professional relationships with agency business units. Respond to client briefs, ensure your agencies are up to date with Partnership opportunities, present new forms of research etc.
• Ongoing Client Management: Regular deal review with your agencies (and clients as appropriate). Maintain in-depth knowledge of the product in order to potentially extend client investment in other aspects of the business such as New Media or Consumer Products. Embed and develop the relationship to encourage renewal of the business in the longer-term.
• Working with the Group Partnership Manager, identify leads and develop creative pitches.
• Work collaboratively across the matrix structure, ensuring clear and effective communication in order to maximise C4 Sales revenue and meet agreed agency objectives.
• Maintain close working relationships with Commissioning Editors to ascertain what programmes have been commissioned and what programmes are in development.
• Be aware of key programmes in the next 6-8 months ahead, verifying information with the scheduling department.
• Identify and evaluate partnership opportunities for the whole team and create sales documents to support them.
• Pitch Partnership ideas to the Agency contacts (at all levels and disciplines) including planning and buying
• Generate multiple sales leads for sponsorship properties and agree the best prospects and manage interest via the option system.
• Manage negotiation to plan and agree the Terms & Conditions of the deal.
• Instigate any off-screen extensions to the deal with internal or external contacts, managing these parties during ensuing negotiations.
• Inform Commercial Finance to obtain insurance and raise required paperwork
• Draft contracts in conjunction with Business Affairs and Commercial Finance.
• Co-ordinate the creative briefings with the client and creative agencies, managing Ofcom compliance procedure.
• Inform all relevant internal teams of forthcoming sponsorship.
• Inspire and motivate direct reports
• Supervise the workload of direct reports
• Manage the career progression and development of direct reports
• To minimise conflicts of interest and increase overall revenues for Channel 4 and 3rd party partners
• Diplomatically manages internal relationships with colleagues across the whole of Channel 4 and 3rd party Channels
• Manages key relationships with relevant agency personnel and clients, across varying levels of seniority
• Delivery of key client and agency presentations, commercial diligence checks, management of client research with internal & external parties.
• Work with stakeholders / line manager to explore how each deal can be effectively leveraged.
• Acts with diplomacy and with involvement and guidance from Senior Management team
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Carefully and appropriately manages expectations are maintains reputation
• Acts in full compliance with OFCOM and legal regulatory frameworks
• Ability to balance PR/sensitive deals – seeks appropriate guidance
Essential Experience & Skills
• Experience of working in advertising sales
• In-depth understanding of Broadcast, AFP, Product Placement, Competitions, Promotions, Innovation, Interactive and Sponsorship
• Experienced in handling negotiations
• Proven project management skills
• Experienced relationship manager
• Proven diplomacy skills
• Confident in presenting to internal and external stakeholders
• A good understanding of the commissioning process
• A good understanding of OFCOM regulations
Closing Date: 29 April 2018 at Midnight