The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To provide imaginative and resourceful picture research and shoot coordination across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima. To ensure the efficient running of the picture department and maintain the impressive visual quality of all three titles in the Lifestyle Group.
• Coming up with on brand imagery and great ideas, keeping within budget
• Along with the Picture Researcher, overseeing the picture desk admin which will include invoicing, budgeting, picture credits, syndication and PR requests and fee negotiation
• Working with all departments of the magazines and assisting the Picture Directors on celebrity and non-celebrity shoots and brand events
• Booking travel and sourcing locations, studios and props for photo shoots
• Photographing brand events and small in-house shoots
• Mac friendly with Photoshop, Word and Excel knowledge and a good understanding of digital image sizing.
• Experience of working on a picture desk, and a knowledge of picture libraries
• Efficient multi-tasker with an eye for detail
• Mac friendly and be a whiz at Photoshop, Word and Excel
• Have a media/photography related qualification or equivalent
• An eye for the perfect image
• Super organised and can work to deadlines
• Budgeting and admin skills.