Picture Researcher, Lifestyle Homes (Country Living, House Beautiful)
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst UK is home to some of the world's most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, Prima, Red and House Beautiful. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To provide imaginative and resourceful picture research and shoot support across Country Living and House Beautiful. To ensure the efficient running of the picture department and maintain the impressive visual quality of both titles in the Lifestyle Homes Group.
• Resourcing high quality and creative on-brand imagery for each title and keeping within
• Working with all departments of the magazines and assisting the Picture Director with the smooth running of the picture desk, including assistance with shoot production
• Handling picture desk admin, to include processing of invoices, picture credits, syndication, PR requests and fee negotiation
• Mac friendly with a working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Word and Excel.
• Experience of working on a picture desk, with a rounded knowledge of picture libraries and resourceful in exploring new platforms for unique imagery
• Have a media/photography related qualification or equivalent
• Keen interest in photography and interiors and be a good problem solver
• Efficient multi-tasker with an eye for the perfect image
• Super organised and can work efficiently to tight deadlines
• Great people skills, dealing with departments within the organisation and building relationships with photographers, suppliers and pr contacts.
• Good budgeting and admin skills