We’re keen to encourage applications from candidates working in PR agencies who are looking to make a move in-house.
Hearst UK publishes 22 brands including ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping and Jamie. Our brands enable consumers to get more out of life and our trusted content engages them wherever they are. We reach our audiences digitally, in print, through events and via brand extensions. We sell over four million magazines a month and have 17 million digital unique users.
The PR & Communications Team manage Corporate, Consumer & Internal Communications for Hearst and all its brands. We promote Hearst to the outside world, protect its reputation and ensure our 900 staff are kept fully up to speed on announcements. We also look after the PR for our red-carpet events, and work to showcase the brilliant content created by our brands, whether that’s in print, digitally, or through our growing events business.
We’re a small but high performing team, and we’re generalists. The team is: Director of Communications, Head of PR, PR Manager, Senior PR Executive, Communications Assistant and this role is a new role.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this person will play a key role in our team, working with colleagues to deliver the Corporate and Internal Communications strategy for Hearst UK and delivering Consumer PR for our Lifestyle brands (Good Housekeeping, Red, Prima, House Beautiful, Women’s Health among others).
• Working with the Communications Director and the Head of PR to develop and deliver the Corporate, Consumer and Internal Communications Strategies for Hearst and its brands, with a particular focus on its Lifestyle brands
• Proactive media relations – responsible for building and managing positive relationships with a broad range of media including trade, national, consumer and entertainment contacts across both traditional and digital platforms with the aim of delivering on message coverage
• Reactive media relations – managing incoming requests effectively and efficiently in line with the Communications Strategy
• Providing PR support to the Commercial/Sponsorship/Events teams
• Working closely with Company spokespeople, briefing them before speaking engagements and helping to shape their responses to media enquiries
• Writing a wide range of documents – from internal notes to presentations, press releases and briefing notes
• Working with the Comms Assistant to monitor and evaluate media activity
• Internal Communications – developing materials and campaigns to keep our staff up to date and engaged
• Build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders from across the business
• Manage PR agencies and other suppliers to ensure an excellent return on investment ensuring that key deliverables are met
• Ensure that campaigns and activity are rigorously evaluated against appropriate key messages
• Experience of managing compelling campaigns which raise awareness, change behaviour and shift perception. Ideally for Consumer AND Corporate/B2B, but if not, willing to adapt skills accordingly
• Excellent media relations skills and good relationships across a range of platforms
• Comfortable using a range of metrics to measure activity
• Confident working with senior stakeholders
• Excellent writer with a strong news sense
• A good instinct for brands
• Good strategic planning and time-management skills
• Excellent judgement and intellectual rigour
• Highly creative
• Results driven, resilient and dynamic
• Positive and collaborative approach, must be a strong team-player
• Digitally savvy and aware of new trends