We are recruiting for a Print Designer/Developer to work in our Childrenswear team based in our Nottingham offices. This role is responsible for designing fabric and placement prints for the Paul Smith Junior collection. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Childrenswear Development Manager, Junior Print team and Licensee to produce original artwork for prints which meet both the design and commercial expectations of Paul Smith Ltd. and the Licensee.
The initial contract will be for 6 months; however, this may be extended in line with the needs of the business.
• To conceive and create original artwork for placement and fabric print designs.
• To research and develop colour and mood boards for new collections.
• Ensure that designs are suitable for the Junior collection and meet the brief from the Licensee.
• Create artwork and specification sheets for fabric and placement prints for the Licensee.
• Approve print strike offs and provide feedback on necessary amendments.
• Approve samples during the editing process alongside the Licensee.
• Create presentations and attend meetings to keep the Chairman informed of print development.
• Ensure that range plans, critical paths and deadlines are strictly adhered to.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
Educated to a minimum 2.1 degree, or equivalent qualification in Textiles Design, Print, Fashion or other related subject or practical attainment.
Previous credible experience of working in a Print Designer role within the fashion industry.
Excellent drawing skills are a must together with outstanding Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge.
A solid understanding of seasons, deadlines and working within a busy design studio.
Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
Proactive, self-motivated and disciplined.
Creative flair, with the ability to assess colour, prints and textiles.
Excellent research skills.
Attentive to detail and to think creatively.
Interest and knowledge of textile and print designs, an appreciation of materials and use of colour.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date. We are unable to accept PDF portfolio's.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
A generous Clothing Allowance
Discretionary discount on PSL goods
An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days