Christie’s has an exciting opportunity to join their newly formed Digital Design department, who are driving digital innovation within the organisation. The team is building new website experiences, new art buying platforms, and leading innovation across the digital presentation of auctions and lots, virtual galleries, AR, and other new experiences. You would assist the organization in defining, researching, and testing new business opportunities.
This role will be part of a newly formed cross-functional ‘change team’ working with highly motivated colleagues to create dynamic new products and services that leverage the latest technologies to support and maximize the success of auctions.
We are looking for a Product Designer to work on various products we develop for our customers across our digital portfolio but with a focus on the transformation of Christies.com. The Product Designer responsibilities include defining digital product specifications, creating digital drawings, and designing fully-functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape and be able to translate requirements into practical product features. Ultimately you will help us build products that add business value, are easy to use and visually appealing to our potential customers.
From assisting with brand new white label products and integrations of new services, all the way through to integration with existing core engineering platforms. This is a new team that will work in a fast-paced start-up like environment within the wider organization.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Expand on the existing product backlog and identify opportunities for new products
· Analyse how a new product ties in with market needs and client preferences
· Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
· Improve the design of existing products
· Use modelling software to design products and components
· Produce prototypes and test functionality
· Gather feedback from product users
· Work with UI and UX designers to implement attractive designs
· Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
· Laser focus on the most valuable priorities to offer the best result for the user, and the business;
· Finding the careful balance between build quality and speed of delivery
· Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Being involved in a collaborative cross-functional team
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Iterating on anything and everything to make incremental improvement in a test-and-learn approach
• Demonstrable experience as a Product Designer or similar role
• Strong portfolio of design projects
• Experience or interest in the Art Market preferred
• Background in project management and research
• Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
• Proficient in Figma design software
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Analytical mind with a business acumen
• Team spirit; effective communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
• Excellent communication and time-management skills
• BSc in Product Design, or a related field