Join the Hearst Magazines Platform team in London, England as Product Manager working on the MediaOS Platform. We are looking for a driven, ambitious problem solver to join our team to drive innovative product development for our digital publishing tools, web and app experiences.
The main focus will be on the development of features enabling globalization, operational efficiencies, workflow optimizations and revenue scaled across our global businesses in Europe and Asia. This role reports to a product director and supports the end-to-end product process from inception to execution.
MediaOS is a company-wide platform initiative with the goal of creating powerful, data-driven tools designed to help editors achieve their goals and publish to millions of readers across our global brand portfolio including Men’s Health, Bicycling, Runner’s World, ELLE, Cosmopolitan and many more. It’s the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup.
• Own product planning, documentation and on-going migration of multiple properties to a global CMS platform built from ground up.
• Create product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such as user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications.
• Support the end-to-end development process from planning, to working sessions, to feature review and everything in-between.
• Work with product lead to evolve high-level strategic vision into actionable tactics that drive the MediaOS platform forward.
• Liaise with internal customers (editors, management, product, sales) to bring meaningful product solutions to drive lift and behaviour change
• Work with core agile team including but not limited to technical architects, developers, designers and QA throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your product features meet goals and objectives
• Enabling scale across our international business units
Desired Skills and Experience
• Product management experience in digital publishing or technology company.
• Experience working in a rigorous agile environment, shipping product.
• Track record executing in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Well versed in Design Thinking principles and understanding of rapid prototyping
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong quantitative skills and an understanding of how to design & analyse tests
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
Highly collaborative with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers Well-versed in Keynote (or other visual communication mediums)
Familiarity with Omniture/Google Analytics, 3rd party editorial analytics providers.
Eat, sleep, and breathe digital media trends and user behaviors.
Know the competition. Identify the whitespace.
Management experience a plus
Professional proficiency in English a must and other languages a bonus