-STUDIO OLIVIA STEELE IS HIRING-
Berlin based neon light artist is looking for a new member to lead the production team. If you’re hands-on, adobe suite proficient, highly organized, experienced in spatial and object design and have *VIBE*, then keep reading.
Production Manager - Studio Olivia Steele a.k.a TRUST THE PROCESS GmbH in Berlin Mitte.
This role at Studio Olivia Steele is to manage production of all artworks, worldwide. This consists mainly of technical aspects related to the fabrication and installation of Neon art, primarily across Berlin, USA and Mexico. The studio is a very sacred environment based in the heart of Berlin Mitte in the Old coin factory.
Expected hours of work - x 4 Days per week. 10.30 - 18.30pm (Monday - Thursday)
Freelance basis, monthly payroll. Starting immediately.
Description of Role
• Project Management: Managing, planning coordinating and executing multiple international artwork and exhibition productions simultaneously"
• Work closely with the Artist to create technical drawings and renders of artworks. (Adobe Illustrator, CAD, Sketchup, Photoshop )
• Handling and installing artworks which includes the use of hand and power tools, basic electrical wiring and critical thinking.
• Research and source materials, production processes and design development for artwork production and installation. ( NEON, METAL, WOOD, FIRE, LED, GLASS, ACRYLIC )
• Communication : Politely manage client and outside vendor relationships, contracts and deliverables. ( on multiple time zones )
• Deploy a creative brief that is appealing to partners and informative for neon producers, freelancers and installers
• Prioritise goals, maintain and manage deadlines whilst simultaneously working on multiple projects.
• Communicate invoice information to the admin team and prepare budgets for clients.
• Communicate deliverables to studio management for contract drafting.
• Drives team-related work and activities forward and ensure tasks are handled to completion within the team.
• Work with the Artist to maintain creative standards that are on-brand and adhere to an excellent aesthetic quality.
• Manage online storage of project documents and files( dropbox). Upon completion of project submit all invoices to bookkeeper and re-organise/ file all photos and drawings
• Coordinate and oversee crating and international shipment of artworks
• The job is primarily in English, however German language skills are an advantage as you will need to speak with German speaking vendors, clients, couriers, installation teams etc.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D / CAD drawing.
• Background in Architecture/ Design is Ideal. Technical skills, Attention to Detail, File naming
• General Knowledge of materials ( NEON, METAL, WOOD, FIRE, LED, GLASS, ACRYLIC) and structural parameters …
• Experience in construction and fabrication
• Natural desire to Manifest with Precision
• Degree in Design, Production Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Architecture or related degree is preferred. Applicants may be in process of completing a degree.
• Experience in Fine Art Studios and lighting installation is a major bonus - E.g experience working with a true Artist , in the flow, hanging prints, installation of sculptural objects and electrical skills is crucial.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with vendors and crafts people, as well as with upper management
• Ability to receive constructive criticism , and give it .
• Demonstrated ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision, while also leading by example.
• Proven experience managing schedules, teams and requirements to implement whatever it takes to accomplish a mission .
• Proactive in finding new ways to problem solve and find solutions. Self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
• Proven conflict management and evaluation, mitigation and damage control.
• Attention to detail, while being able to rise above to see the bigger picture.
Production Manager Must Have Traits
Dynamic, Vibrant , Humorous, Vibe,
Acute attention to detail
Strong communication skills
Knows how to go with the flow
OUR MOTTO “FIND A WAY - OR - FADE AWAY ”
Opportunity to work alongside a successful international artist doing epic shit that makes this world a better place
Travel to art fairs, clients, installations around the world
Opportunity to learn a new exciting niche trade / skills
Balance between hands-on creation and digital creation
Very Inspiring studio and multifaceted working atmosphere
Free & healthy daily lunch ( vegetarian )
Weekly yoga class in the studio
Pay rate: Negotiable; based on experience
If you have these skills, confident you have what it takes to kick ass AND looking to commit to a long term position in Berlin, then please, by all means send your CV and a Cover Letter introducing yourself to email@example.com with the subject “Production Manager Application”.
We will review serious candidates only.