We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Sky's Product & Service Delivery team (PTD) has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager, who will provide the delivery management expertise that will be instrumental in planning and delivering Sky's most significant and high-profile delivery initiatives over the coming years. We're looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly team" - Programme Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Product Delivery team within the Product & Service Delivery group, you will be responsible for the project management of key projects within the wide-ranging portfolio of programmes the team are involved in. The team are accountable for delivering high profile programmes and projects both from a technology and overall end to end delivery perspective for the business across the core key products such as broadband, mobile, TV/OTT.
- Facilitate and drive projects within the overall portfolio through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation. This will either be in the context of a workstream within an overall programme or a standalone project in the wider portfolio of the team.
- Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, change control, risk and issue management.
- Provide structure and guidance to the project and to be the calm voice of reason within the delivery to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be a trusted delivery resource. Our team works across the end to end delivery of projects and you will be required to manage cross functional teams to ensure the project is successfully delivered.
- Build good industry knowledge within the portfolio so that you can clearly articulate and manage the context of the delivery to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the overall strategy of the business.
- Build collaborative and close relationships with Enterprise Architects and the Analysis & Consulting team within the group, to ensure alignment across scope, architecture, governance and plans in all initiatives you work on.
- Innovate to continuously improve project delivery best practice both within the team and externally within Sky.
- Importantly, a pragmatic result - and delivery- oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated project delivery, ideally in industry related to Sky's core products, but this domain experience is not essential. We want people who have delivered initiatives from start to finish and have experienced all phases of a delivery lifecycle.
- We'd love you to be a good communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- We want you to be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt your style and methods to get the best out of the business in delivering a project. Being able to recognise when things are not working and need changing is core to what we are looking for.
- You will have vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment with multiple stakeholders and being able to influence others without direct authority.
- We need you to be a good facilitator who is able to resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals across the organisation.
- We want you to be open and transparent in everything that you do. You will always be supported by the programme managers within the team so knowing when to ask for help is a key attribute we look for in our team.
- While we all have our core areas of understanding we want you to be open to new challenges and seeking to manage projects in domains that are new to you. Our portfolio is wide ranging and we want all our team to be able to experience different aspects and be able to quickly grasp and manage a delivery within a new domain.
- Finally, we want you to become a strong delivery resource that can be trusted to run a project and deliver to the business needs. To do this we would like you to be able to manage a project in as collaborative a way as possible and to understand the complex dynamics that arise in cross functional delivery in a large organisation such as ours.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about