We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"The opportunity would see you in join the Mobile Client software development team (Sky Go) which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services which allow them to consume Sky content online and on numerous hardware platforms" - Scrum Master
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Design, develop and test features in new iPhone and iPad applications
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other developers
- Create application architectures that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Establish and maintain software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practices.
- Ensure that design, development and testing activities adhere to these guidelines.
- Create prototypes of new technologies across iOS devices.
- Enables and executes continual improvement across people and systems - Takes pride and ownership in work
- Influence business decisions (and be influenced)
- Identifies and pre-empts potential conflict, ensuring continued collaboration.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and documenting requirements for delivery into Agile Scrum teams and translating these into technical solutions
- Expert iOS development knowledge with Objective-C, Swift, XCode, Cocoa
- Applied knowledge of software engineer best practice and multiple software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Applied knowledge of the principles of Test-Driven Development on iOS and the benefits that are realised.
- Applied knowledge of principles of Business-Driven Development on iOS and the benefits that are realised.
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented design and implementation. - In-depth experience of working with RESTful APIs
- In-depth experience of developing user interfaces (esp. Adaptive Layout) and collaborating with UX/UI designers
- Multiple applications published in the Apple App Store
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about