We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
As a Senior Make-up artist you will work together with your peers to bring to life the ever-evolving ASOS Creative. You’ll be responsible for making sure every model looks and feels ASOS ready throughout their shoot day! The role requires an unflappable, solution focused and hardworking individual with a passion for the brand. You have the ability to successfully be a part of and help support a team with a creative, strategic and operational mindset. It is vital that you can work as a role model and are passionate about both hairstyling and fashion.
* Reporting directly into the make-up lead, you will be responsible for contributing to the day-to-day running of the hair & make up team
* Produce excellent make-up which is true to the ASOS aesthetic and appeals to the ASOS 20-something customer
* Be the go to person for all things make-up elated
* Be prepared to work to deadlines, ensuring all models are shoot ready and all KPIs are adhered to
* Build relationships and rapport with ASOS models to instil trust in your make-up ability and in the wider production department
* Mentoring the team, providing daily support, honest feedback and positive recognition
* Building a strong knowledge of the daily studio running, collaborating with the make-up lead on ways to streamline the working day.
* Recognising when Junior members of the team need extra support and liaising with the makeup lead to implement this
* Developing your leadership style and communication in line with ASOS Behaviours policy
* Analysis of your own technical makeup execution through daily updates and openness to improve these areas under the guidance of the team leader
* Working closely with your Leads and Management team to successfully deliver the department strategy. Build strong, professional and collaborative relationships with the wider studio team
* Oversee all end of day jobs, making sure they are carried out to a high standard
* Confident to step up in the absence of lead
* Deal with any model issues professionally and in line with ASOS behaviours policy
* Demonstrating excellent brand awareness by identifying areas for review, researching ideas and assessing competition when required to ensure we are market leaders
* Display constant awareness of the latest and upcoming trends, following each season’s catwalk shows, influencers, TikTok, our competitors and street styles. Working closely with the hair lead to successfully keep the wider team aligned with current trends
* Encouraging the team to be authentic, brave and creative and to follow all company and departmental strategies, leading by example
* Work alongside the model team to maximise each models potential and create the best ASOS shoot experience
* Work with the wider shoot team to solve any issues on set and help facilitate a smooth shoot process
* Capability to produce, develop & execute the looks for unrecognisable and recognisable model shoots as required
* Be prepared to carry out daily administrative tasks and shoot preparation
* Be recognised as an aspirational figure within your team and the wider department
We’d love to meet someone with..
* Previous professional Make Up session styling essential
* Previous fashion e-commerce experience is essential
* A methodical, accurate and extremely organised approach with a keen eye for detail
* Excellent communication, problem solving and strong interpersonal skills
* The ability to remain calm under pressure and think on their feet.
* Assertive and forward thinking.
* A 'can do' attitude and high level of efficiency
* An 'unflappable' nature who is able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Lots of energy and enthusiasm and be a real team player
* Skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, In Design, Sitecore and in the general day to day running of a PC and/or MAC
* Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
* ASOS Develops (personal development opportunities across the business)
* Access to a huge range of LinkedIn learning materials
* 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
* Discretionary performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical care scheme
* Flexible benefits allowance - which you can choose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
We have several employee networks that operate as safe spaces, to help support and celebrate our people, find out more here.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an assessment or you have requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email or phone, whatever works best for you. It’s also our policy to interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for roles they have applied to.
If you have any questions about the policies we have in place to support our employees (e.g. our parental leave approach), just let our Talent team know.