Senior Marketing Executive - London Art Fair and New Designers
Upper Street Events Ltd. is a leading Consumer Events company in the UK. From cycling to dance and contemporary art to travel, Upper Street creates events and experiences that connect and inspire highly engaged communities to share their passions and interests face to face in an exciting events environment. We are an ambitious fast-growing company and have expanded organically to over 60 employees. We currently own and run 16 annual events. These premium, passion-led events run across the UK and Ireland including London, Birmingham, Glasgow & Dublin, attracting over 400,000 visitors annually.
We are a creative sales and marketing led business with each and every one of our people having the opportunity to express themselves freely and to have a say in the way we run the business and our events. We pride ourselves on being a people business with a culture that is supportive, inclusive and nurturing, whilst being high performing and accountable. We believe that highly motivated people who are passionate about what they do and enjoying their work create high-performing, successful teams and business.
We are looking for a brilliant Senior Marketing Executive to work across London Art Fair and New Designers in a part time capacity (4 days a week). London Art Fair is the premier UK art fair for modern British and contemporary art and takes place annually at the Business Design Centre, bringing together over a hundred leading international galleries – showcasing exceptional work from both leading figures and emerging talent. New Designers is the UK’s most important exhibition for graduate design, ensuring that the lifecycle of the design industry continues and thrives.
The role of the Senior Marketing Executive (SME) is to assist in the planning and delivery of the communications campaign for these events with a view to achieving the right quality and quantity of visitors and exhibitors and meeting the required revenue targets where applicable. This is to be achieved through understanding the market; working with the internal team, external suppliers, partners and exhibitors to gain further insights into our customers’ needs; inputting into the marketing plan and into the visitor target groups and by delivering the marketing communications campaign for events. Beyond the standard expected skills of a Senior Marketing Executive, an understanding and interest in Modern and contemporary art and design, would be an advantage.
General Duties & Responsibilities
· To work with the Marketing Manager and Events team on the creation, development and implementation of the communications plan in order to achieve event objectives
· To understand the objectives and timescales for the event
· To work with the Marketing Manager and Events team to produce targeted and effective marketing collateral
· To assist the MM in planning and implementing the visitor marketing campaigns including advertising, print, direct mail, social media, special promotions, media partnerships, web media and liaising with PR agencies
· To help maintain day-to-day relationships with relevant agencies and suppliers including; creative, ticketing, print and media buying, and PR
· To research and compile direct marketing and advertising schedules with the Marketing Manager
· To update show websites in a timely manner ensuring messages are consistent with offline promotional material
· To liaise directly with exhibitors to ensure they are apprised of relevant marketing activity and that maximising marketing opportunities pre, during and post-event
· To help with delivery of event features (conferences and seminars) as required
· To input into the capture of survey data and interpretation of data for post-event reports and show development
· To deliver agreed briefs for relevant agencies and suppliers including; design, ticketing, print and website
· To oversee the development and maintenance of the show’s visitor database
· To manage email marketing through the event online website system
· To assist the Marketing Manager to collate and prepare detailed results of the marketing campaign and produce a marketing post-show report to assess the effectiveness of the campaigns and gain further insight into the events
· To work with the MM on the development of contra agreements and media partnerships and help maintain relationships
· Experience in Marketing and Campaign Planning
· Experience in Basic Website Management
· Understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques
· Understanding of conventional and digital marketing channels
· Good overall IT skills including Outlook and Microsoft Office
· Able to think creatively and strategically
· Committed and determined
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Organised with good time management
· Ability to pay close attention to detail
· Willing to learn, adapt and grow within a role