We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Entertainment PR Team.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Be responsible for the overarching communications strategy for Sky Arts and the key campaigns for specific shows and off-air activity, which will be used to bring this to life. You will need to ensure work is insight led, aligned to wider business objectives and the Sky's overall corporate narrative
- Be responsible for media liaison, including developing and maintaining great relationships with key arts and culture correspondents across a range of print, online and broadcast media
- Ensure clear priorities are set across Sky Arts to focus campaigns on shows and off-air activity that will deliver results against overall objectives
- Be responsible for reactive support across all Sky Arts content, managing queries from independent producers offering support and guidance where appropriate
- Be responsible for regular senior management liaison across Sky, including managing the media profile and PR activity for the Director of Sky Arts
- Build and develop key external relationships including independent production companies, talent agents and personal PRs, and the broader arts community and stakeholders
- Evaluate campaigns to show PR's impact against Sky Arts' business objectives. Can confidently share learnings with stakeholders and the consumer communications team to factor in to future campaigns
- Issues management when required
- Experience at managing complex and high-profile PR campaigns, with at 5-10 years' experience of TV publicity and/or Arts publicity. Ideally with agency management experience
- Proven media liaison skills across print, broadcast, online and social media, ideally with strong established contacts in the arts
- Organised self-starter skills, able to drive momentum through projects and determine what needs doing with minimum input from the team Head
- Strong strategic and creative thinker skills, able to develop strategies with clear objectives and the use of creative and innovative tactics
- Ability to manage competing demands for PR support with the ability to say no and to set clear priorities against overall strategy and objectives
- A genuine passion and interest in arts and culture
- Good networking skills that can build mutually beneficial relationships with different stakeholders and departments, with experience of managing talent
- Ability to analyse competing and complex sources of information
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about