We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Global OTT Capabilities is a brand-new team with an ambitious remit. We're looking for dynamic, creative people who can build relationships, challenge the way we do things and help us deliver solutions that will scale across all our OTT products. We're looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly team"- Head of Department
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Drive the development of Sky's OTT frontend applications to ensure continued alignment and commitment to the group's wider Shared Capabilities strategy & roadmap.
Drive the development and adoption of new shared capabilities emanating from group delivery. Coordinating across different departments including Peacock & NOW TV. Acts as a champion of product & engineering best practices to enable internationalisation & on-going re-use of the frontend clients.
- Drive the Sky OTT group frontend direction with the goal of: Reducing the total cost of maintaining our products and applications, simplifying the frontend software implementation, gaining greater flexibility to reuse capabilities in new & existing products and enabling new territory launch KPIs
- Work with all stakeholders to define the frontend strategy the fits the whole Sky OTT System
- Work with Principal Engineers and Solution Architects from all propositions and backend services to ensure requirements are met, working together to ensure all steps are taken to create scalable products/applications.
- Responsible for Sky's Frontend Governance and strategic direction
- Coordinate the evolution of the Client Reference Architecture
- Ensure current and future technology is fit for purpose and the group requirements.
- Ensure APIs and services provided by backend teams are fit of consumption by the frontend applications and leverage the latest technologies to optimise the engineering and user experience.
- Set clear objectives to achieve the strategy defined by that group.
- Work with Heads of Software Engineering for Sky Go, NOW TV, Sky Kids and Sky Store to ensure alignment to the group strategy as well as ensuring that their department objectives align with those of frontend strategy.
- Work with colleagues in Sky Group to collaborate on key areas such as API alignment and video player technology.
- An entrepreneurial spirit! You will need to be a self-motivated, dedicated, team player who is ambitious and able to work both independently and within a team.
- A proven track record in delivering and managing products, with experience of working with Engineering, Design and UX teams.
- Minimum of 3-5 years product experience in a leading Product Development organisation
- Great communication skills and be able to convey your ideas effectively, tailoring the communication, as appropriate, to the intended audience.
- A demonstrable ability to collaborate and influence multiple partners gaining alignment and sign-off as and when appropriate and showing leadership where relevant.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Experience, and understanding, of optimising products through testing and analysis, including A/B testing, qualitative and quantitative customer research, data mining and web analytics.
- An understanding of resourcing and budgeting with experience making priority calls and recommending appropriate trade-offs when necessary.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about