We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Global OTT Capabilities is a brand-new team with an ambitious remit. We're looking for dynamic, creative people who can build relationships, challenge the way we do things and help us deliver solutions that will scale across all our OTT products" - Head of Department
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be responsible for defining and delivering the player framework and features that support Sky OTT propositions across all territories in which Sky operates.
Work with business and technology stakeholders to shape the direction of Sky's video player capabilities in the ever-evolving world of video technology.
- To lead vision, planning & execution of strategic video streaming improvements on Global OTT platform
- To lead vision, alignment & execution of product requirements impacting the Core Video Player: Ensures all product & technology requirements are addressed, regardless of proposition and responsible for driving & prioritising all OTT requirements impacting the roadmap for the Core Video Player team
- Take long term ownership of a specific set of video playback features and/or functionality, continually assessing product strengths and defining areas to improve.
- Leading reviews and definitions of the core video player features, ensuring key stakeholders are involved where appropriate.
- Produce product and customer experience insights to frame and challenge hypotheses and ideas.
- Collaborate with Comcast, Sky Group companies, external partners and other key business areas to develop, launch and support features that will improve Sky's playback experiences.
- Understand competing products, and the views and wants of our customers, in crowded and fast-moving markets.
- Contribute to the overall improvements in product management capabilities within the team by sharing insights and working collaboratively across the content discovery product team.
- An entrepreneurial spirit! You will need to be a self-motivated, dedicated, team player who is ambitious and able to work both independently and within a team.
- A passion for TV: watching it; reading about it; talking about it. You understand yourself as a consumer of media and have a keen interest (and opinion) on what creates a great playback experience.
- A passion for the media industry, with an eye on existing behaviour and emerging trends.
- Experience working with streaming technologies in a television or an adjacent industry.
- Great communication skills and be able to convey your ideas effectively, tailoring the communication, as appropriate, to the intended audience.
- A demonstrable ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders - gaining alignment and sign-off as and when appropriate and showing thought leadership where relevant.
- Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- An understanding, of optimising products through testing and analysis, including A/B testing, qualitative and quantitative customer research, data mining and web analytics.
- An understanding of resourcing, with experience making priority and trade-off recommendations where necessary.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about