We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Our experts working in Data Technology and Analytics (DTA) are leading the way when it comes to providing data solutions, analytics and insight to the business. Our teams have developed, and are responsible for, one of the most powerful, large-scale consumer data sets in the World, combining detailed consumer cross-platform viewing behaviours with transactions, interactions, profiles, needs, attitudes and preferences across a wide breadth of UK and ROI households. We're looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly team" - Director, Data Strategy & Del
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Senior Project Manager within DTA, you will have direct responsibility and accountability for the delivery of individual projects and small portfolios from inception through to the successful operational running of the agreed deliverable.
The role requires a flexible approach to reflect rapidly changing business needs whilst applying robust project management practices across a range of data related projects. Key to success will be the effective management of senior stakeholders through timely and relevant communications while providing strong leadership and direction to cross-functional delivery teams.
- Accountable to lead the successful delivery of projects for the DTA division within Sky
- Ensure necessary governance and controls are in place to ensure successful delivery and ensure adherence to DTA delivery processes.
- Identify and proactively manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Manage project spend vs budget, create accurate forecasts manage risk to ensure budget compliance.
- Take accountability for stakeholder expectations, create and maintain high quality relationships across Sky teams and provide clear, actionable status reporting
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels from stakeholders through to project team members.
- Lead the identification and implementation of Business Change Activities for the Project to ensure successful operational handover
- Possible line management of 1-3 permanent or contract project managers, coaching supervising their workload and coaching for success
- Project Delivery: You will have experience in successfully managing end-to-end projects across multiple business stakeholders, objectives and technology stacks.
- Delivery Methodology: Experience of successfully delivering cross-functional / matrix run projects and an understanding of both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies.
- Collaboration: You can build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholder across multiple departments through fostering open and honest collaboration
- Working in a dynamic environment: Enjoys working in an innovative and creative environment. Able to deliver big picture benefits and make careful and swift prioritisation calls.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Budget management and accountability in the range of £0.1-£1m
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about