Hearst UK, publisher of iconic brands like Good Housekeeping, Digital Spy, Elle and Cosmopolitan, is looking for an experienced Social Media and Content Manager for an exciting new food project - a proactive, self-starter who loves data and how it can impact a brand's content strategy.
You will be well adept in content distribution, tactical in using different platforms to drive engagement and traffic and be able to ensure the brand's personality always shines through. You will devise and execute a social strategy for an exciting new food project to help develop and grow a loyal following as well as traffic to the site.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Devise a social media strategy with the Digital Editor that increases engagement, referral traffic and following.
• Continue to evolve and adapt the project's content strategy in line with changes in algorithms and emerging technology.
• Take responsibility for all social posts across all platforms and monitor wins via analytics using data to fine tune the social strategy for maximum engagement.
• Work with the Digital Editor and the US team to ensure recipe video content is packaged effectively across multi-platforms, while also finding innovative ways to showcase recipe content across social media.
• Identify trending food and drink news, and be able to write engaging social stories with must-read headlines.
• Manage community conversations and respond appropriately.
• Identity and work with social influencers and celebrities who fit with the developing brand.
• Represent at events and report using social media platforms.
• Passionate about food and drink, and love keeping on top of latest launches.
• Experienced in creating engaging social media content for a brand or publisher
• A confident self-starter who's not afraid to experiment
• Keen to learn and develop skills, and be a part of an exciting team, ready to get stuck in.
• Able to quickly respond to buzzing topics and relevant breaking news.
• An excellent planner, with the ability to spot and adapt to changes and understand what makes content exciting and engaging for our audience.
• Able to come up with original ideas to engage an audience through social whether it be a relatable meme or an image that's sure to become a conversation starter.