Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to master your craft? Are you passionate about youth culture and empowering young people? This could be the opportunity for you.
2020 Change is leading the way to a more diverse and inclusive workforce in the UK.
Through training programs, mentorship and career support, we empower young black professionals to flourish in the workplace. Our commitment to excellence, passion for community and dedication to transparency, help us to achieve clear, explicit and sustained change for young black professionals.
Our vision is to create a Britain in which there is true inclusion in the workplace and unemployment no longer affects young black people disproportionately.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between education and employment through training and support. To equip young black people with the tools they need to flourish in their chosen profession.
2020 Change is now looking for a talented Social Media & Content Manager to build and manage our Social Media presence, showcase our growing program of youth activities, and drive-up engagement with young people/ young adults, the sector, our corporate partner and funders.
Overall purpose of the role
The successful candidate will tell our brand’s story through the creation and delivery of an insight driven social content calendar, managing the complete process from brief to delivery on all our social channels: Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube & TikTok.
You will be responsible for curating messages and content that is suitable and relevant to our audience.
You will build and retain engagement within our community, managing all communications in a timely manner, research topics and news stories relevant to our cause.
Source and produce dynamic content alongside 2020 Change team and young people/adults (16-30 years).
Create engaging multimedia content with the full capabilities of each platform (Instagram polls, ask a question, TikTok chains etc.)
Work alongside our production partner Double3 Productions to capture raw footage e.g., photos and videos Plan and schedule content for the week(s) ahead.
Identify potential opportunities to raise awareness and/or drive growth.
Suggest and action targeted ad campaigns where appropriate (e.g., identifying target audience, geographic, timing/scheduling strategy).
Monitor and report performance on social media platforms using analytics and trend data. Work within our brand guidelines.
· Excellent communication and attention to detail
· Up-to-date with the latest social trends
· Full of creative ideas that resonate on social media
· Ability to relate to people from different backgrounds and all ages
· A self-starter; comfortable working both independently and in a team
· Passionate about the positive impact on social media
· Organised with strong planning skills
· Strong copywriting and spotting typos skills
· Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office (namely Excel and Word)
· Competent with Photoshop Basic knowledge of video editing (Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Canva etc.)
· Experience with scheduling tools like Hootsuite, Later, Sked Social etc.
· Have proven experience in this field
· Have been solely responsible for running social media channels and have two recent references.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter or short video (5mins Max) explaining why you are the perfect person for the role firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00pm on Wednesday 2nd December.