Charlap Hyman & Herrero (CHH) seeks a Design Intern to assist the Principal and the Design Director of the architecture and interior design firm’s New York office. Tasks will be design-related and administrative in nature and the Design Intern will have the opportunity to make a considerable impact on the growth of an up-and-coming firm.
Start Date: June 15th 2019 - Ideally August
Full-time with Plymouth Street office as the base of operations. Can be for school credit depending on your school's requirements.
- Self-starter, organized, positive, flexible, committed
- Proficiency in, or willingness to learn, QuickBooks, Excel, Word
- Interest in interior design or design in general
- Working towards a degree or already graduated
- Client meeting preparation: printing materials and retrieving material samples
- Site visits and installations: being present to accept and inspect deliveries, oversee installations on site
- Purchasing: purchasing approved items on client’s behalf and ensuring they arrive on time and in good condition; minor bookkeeping with QuickBooks
- Vendor communication: obtaining quotes from vendors to approve by Principal - General assistance: buying office supplies, handling returns, getting lunch