Reporting into the Head of Video, you will create video content for the branded content studio with the Hearst in-house team. You will also be responsible for working to budget and brief, generating polished, engaging and innovative concepts for our brands and clients.
Working closely with the whole content studio including the Head of Digital Design, Head of Creative and Digital Content Lead, you will help prepare pitches, treatments, mood boards and storyboards, organise shoots with the Project Management team, and also work across multiple projects as video editor, supporting our in-house standards for visual and editorial quality.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Work directly with the Head of Video to design, produce and build video content across all Hearst Brands
• Support the video team with pre-production – creative pitches, treatments, storyboards, mood boards, research, references and visual decks
• Co-ordinate and run shoots, with our internal team or with freelancers, and scaling projects to work within budget
• To understand our in-house brands, and the individual client requirements for each project across a range of genres – documentary, fashion, beauty, fitness, lifestyle etc.
• Edit to a high standard, building graphics and sourcing music to create fully crafted video content from start to finish, with an eye for editorial voice, fonts, brand colours and current video styles/trends
• Grade and mix videos to a finishing standard
• Keep branded video in mind, both as a creator and viewer, looking for new ways to engage audiences and adapt our output as and when necessary
• Work with all departments, and communicate effectively to make sure all projects align across print and digital and all assets are delivered on time and in budget
• Strong experience shooting and directing, co-ordinating shoots, scheduling shoots and working with talent/clients
• Sourcing kit and crew and confidently running a shoot
• Strong experience editing, with a library of previous experience that shows an ability to adapt, working with different voices and styles, and finding new ways of telling familiar stories
• An understanding of graphics and visual trends, across branded content and advertising media
• An ability to think creatively/laterally, making the most of budgets and finding new visual approaches to editorial concepts
• Willingness to learn and develop with a view to bringing new skills to the team, or helping others on the team develop their skills
• An ability to present concepts in meetings with internal departments, or external clients, good face-to-face and phone manner