We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As the Wiring Team Lead you will be responsible for the day to day scheduling and activities within the Wiring Workshop across Osterley and Chilworth sites. You will be required to manage the schedule of work of the installation resources and stock of materials, while supervising the Health and Safety and procedures within the wiring installations.
- Take ownership of the installation work schedule with collaboration with the Project Engineering and Installation Manager, Project Engineering Team Lead and Project Managers to keep this up to date, including assigning work to the wiring and project engineering team
- Monitor project and BAU workload of the team, and level of staff, assisting with recruiting as required. Maintain continuous updates of resource forecasts
- Order and maintain stock levels and organisation of cabling materials assigned to projects and BAU work
- Take a key role in the Health and Safety of wiring activities of the team, including the workshop and on-site, and maintain regular daily checks and H&S assessments and meetings
- Ensure the Workshop runs in a tidy and functional manner and responsible for wiring efficiencies and quality of installations within the equipment rooms and workshop
- Provide Team Leader function for the Wiring Team working closely with the Senior Wiring staff
- Experience in working in a lead/supervisor wiring or engineering role
- Advanced scheduling of large resource pool and/or people management within projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge in termination of various types of broadcast connectors for crimp terminations, in-rack power cabling, and soldering multipin connectors
- Experience of broadcast and technical equipment room working environments working with video, audio, network cabling and fibre
- A wide-ranging experience to be able to read, update, and create new Autocad technical schematic drawings of various systems
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about