Has the era of abundance of digital photography trained human beings to believe photography as is?
Are human really that naive when receiving info from photography?
How this represented photography in 2D quickly lead us to predict the real world in 4D?
Visual experiment to use five different senses to interpret a digital photography and make into a recipe in real life.
Instructions were given to the participants as follows:
1. Watch the photography and try to read, feel, interpret with your impression.
2. What kind of audio/sound do you hear from the photography? Choose one out of the keywords given, and music will start.
3. What kind of texture do you feel from the photography? Add those textures to your recipe!
4. What kind of scents do you smell from the photography? Add those scents to your recipe!
5. What kind of flavour do you taste from the photography? Add those flavours to your recipe!
6. Final recipe of your own.
7. See how each individual has each interpretation of the same photography!
By Dana Hong MA Graphic Communication Design Central Saint Martins 2017 BGM: "Bright" by jinsang