This was a voluntary role as part of the core team organising the Oxjam Bristol Takeover music festival. Duties included:
• Identifying and building contacts in offline media to promote the festival, negotiating potential coverage or sponsorship.
• Writing press releases and keeping contacts updated throughout the lead up to the festival to build support and publicity.
• Recruiting graphic designers to create promotional material, organising printing and distribution.
• Acting as Venue Manager in the month before the festival and on the day itself. Sourcing music acts and liaising with venue staff, sound engineers and musicians.
• Managing a team of volunteers on the day of the festival, ensuring they understood their duties, swapped shifts when needed and tasks were delegated appropriately.
• Representing the Oxjam team at fundraising events throughout the project, being an Ambassador for the festival and it's core aim to raise money for Oxfam.