Join The–Dots

Project 4/6 Typography Playing Cards

With this project I made two different packs of playing cards. I used Rockwell and Gill to create the two packs.

This project was all done in two days, apart from the printing and the making up of the boxes. I really loved this project, I have wanted to make a deck of playing cards for a long time. This was different to the original idea I had, though I think it works a lot better and looks a lot neater. I originally wanted to create the suits using letter-forms. Instead I took out the suits all together and used different weights within a typeface to create the pack.

I still have some stock if anyone is interested in some new playing cards.


Sarah Thomas

  • Message

Join our Pro Plan to message Sarah

You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.

  • Design Administrator Temp

Share your new project