FASHIONCLASH ( 2009-date)
An innovative and interdisciplinary showcase for fashion and a worldwide network of emerging designers and artists. Voted top 10 Independent Fashion Weeks Worldwide.
FASHIONCLASH has grown from a single catwalk show into a renowned full-service fashion showcase specialist. With ten years’ experience in fashion project management, creative concept development and curating, an innovative vision and an international network, FASHIONCLASH has gained a powerful position in the fashion world.
FASHIONCLASH has developed a worldwide network of designers, artists, partners and experts to enable the realisation of visually dynamic fashion concepts and tailor-made events. Their portfolio presents more than 350 projects including fashion shows, exhibitions, performances, interdisciplinary projects, fashion talks and events.
The “clash” in FASHIONCLASH represents the encounter between talent, cultures, artistic disciplines, the audience and fashion. The interdisciplinary database of FASHIONCLASH enables powerful cross-over concepts and live performances with various renowned cultural institutes, theatre-makers, dance companies, music performers, filmmakers, photographers and knowledge centres.
Since 2010 and with a full-time focus in 2016 & 2017 I have as a (behind-the-scenes) Marketing, Brand & Business Development strategist for /with/ as part of FASHIONCLASH:
• · Addressing social issues in fashion and society (among others development plan Fashion Makes Sense for Provincie Limburg), proactively contributing to the well-being creative industry roles and delivering effective support to young designers to aid their entrepreneurial and knowledge development.
• Executed innovative marketing events and projects designed to drive engagement with a broad audience and maximise revenue potential
• Contributed to projects enabling young designers to develop, show and sell their work and become part of a greater network through organising events to challenge fashion and wider society
• · Supported the development and positioning of the business (specifically their future role) with a distinctive identity in the international media/fashion industry
• Connected the business with the city of Maastricht, sponsors and partners to deliver growth, supporting them to transform from a fashion festival into an influential fashion statement and renowned international platform for new talent
Photos: Peter Stigter Team, FASHIONCLASH and Sem Shayne.