Trying to break into the competitive world of Photography?
At The Dots we’re passionate about connecting brilliant creatives to commercial opportunities. We’re now taking what we do online - offline, with the inception of The Dots Portfolio Masterclass Safari in partnership with Shillington College.
The next stop on The Dots Safari takes us to Spring Studios where we’ll be hosting a Portfolio Masterclass focused on the Photography industry.
This is a unique opportunity to get your portfolio reviewed by an impressive selection of creative industry leaders, including:
David Birkitt, Owner & Managing Director, DMB Represents
Matt Davey, Co-Founder & Director, Probation London
Lauren Ford, Photo Editor & Producer, Dazed
Steve Peck, Picture Editor, WIRED Magazine
Dalia Nassimi, Deputy Picture Editor, WIRED Magazine
Jamie Klingler, Publishing Manager, Shortlist/Stylist Magazine
Nicola Kavanagh, Editor in Chief, Glass Magazine
Holly Hay, Photographic Editor, AnOther Magazine & Another Man
The industry mentors will help select the top 40 applicants to join the Masterclass from the candidates who apply to this opportunity. Your profile on The Dots will be used as your application, so make sure it’s up-to-date with your best work!
If you’re selected to join the event, you’ll be given a single-use ticket code to secure your spot on the Masterclass. Event tickets are £15. (You will not be charged to apply for this event).
1. Build Your Profile: Your profile on The Dots will be used as your application for the Portfolio Masterclass, so make sure it’s brimming with your best content and is a true representation of your work.
2. Apply by Tue 21st April, 11:00pm: Once you’re happy with your profile, simply hit ‘apply’. Feel free to add a super short message if you like, but you won't be judged on this. Make sure to keep the event date free!
N.B. We’ll be able to see your profile on The Dots from your application, so you don’t need to send anything else.
3. Shortlisting Process: Applications are open until 21/04/15. Masterclass Mentors will help select the top 40 attendees for the workshop event.
4. Successful Applicants Contacted: From 22/04/15 we’ll let you know whether you’ve nabbed yourself a spot at the upcoming Portfolio Masterclass! You’ll then receive a single-use ticket code to reserve your spot – tickets will cost £15. (Keep Wed 29th April free)!
5. Event, 6.20pm April 29th: Successful applicants will get their portfolio reviewed from 6.20pm-9pm on Wednesday 29th April at Spring Studios, London.
The Dots Portfolio Masterclass Safari is in partnership with Shillington, a design college with a difference.