WAITROSE & PACKAGING Packaging made from Mushroom
I designed packaging made from mushroom (fungi) which is an agricultural waste.
It was a conceptual project with Waitrose. I have redesigned the label and logo of Waitrose.
Waitrose has been trying to reduce using their plastic packaging with the companies called Fareshare and Ecovative where redistributes surplus food and Creates next-generation materials through mycelium biofabrication.
Mycelium is the network of fungal lines that can grow mushroom.
- Strong enough to protect TV or furniture
- Water resistant (Hydrophobic)
- Acts as a natural glue that can bind biomass together
- Ther root structure of fungi like mushrooms, which sprout from mycelium
- Grows by absorbing nutrients from the environment (consume crop waste)
- Renewable, biodegradable
- Made from crop (agriculture) waste brought from farmers
- Breaks down as a seed husk in your garden or on the side of the road
- Helps to improve the soil in your area