- Festival2Funky Spoken Word CommissionI was commissioned by Festival2Funky in Leicester to write and perform a new extended length of poetry /spoken word. I was Mentored by John Berkavitch (former in UK Slam Poetry Champion) and my piece explored the intersections of my identity - my Christian upbringing and religion, my Ghanaian heritage and LGBT+ identity. My piece explored the differences in lexicons between my parents who are natives Ghanaians and me, an English born child of the diaspora. It explored my heritage and how I expe
- Some-Antics Championship Slam Winner 2018Winner of the Some Antics Championship Slam 2018. After consecutively winning two of the Some-Antics monthly slams Abena Essha was entered into the Championship Slam. Abena Essah competed against all the slam winners of 2018 and was crowned the Some-Antics Slam Champion 2018.
Projects credited in
- Amplify Podcasts | The Lockdown SessionsWelcome to AMPLIFY Podcasts' first season, The Lockdown Sessions. The Lockdown Sessions is the first series of podcasts created during isolation by members of The RISE Collective, a youth organisation that uses creative arts and media to amplify the voices of young people. In each episode we aim to explore a different theme via the work of an array of emerging and established artists, curated for your listening pleasure.
- M'A See-Through Issue 1 - LFW 2020"SEE THROUGH is a community at practice. At M'A we are constantly shaped and lifted by the people who surround us: artists, makers, industry professionals, journalists, models. We think this side is too often overlooked in fashion. We love people. On SEE-THROUGH Issue 1 we put together side by side members of the M'A community that have been inspiring us since the early days. To the question "Who are you and what is important to you right now" our contributors answered with creative pieces a
- BBCBBC Weather App Presentation Deck I produced a presentation deck that would be presented by the creative director for the BBC weather app. BBC Sounds Presentation Deck Took part in the creation of a presentation deck for a BBC Sounds project. A deck that would be presented by the creative director and visual designer. Slash Programmes Worked with the creative director and ux designer to research and design an archive for all BBC shows on their website. BBFC Carried out UI research and designe
+ Show more
- Song Writing
- Performance Poetry
- Writing Music
- Facilitating Workshops