My name is Ali, I am a graduate from City University where I studied Creative Industries, Music Event Management and Production. Music is my passion. Especially live music. I am looking for work in this sector, I want to be involved in putting on great live gigs in my career that people can get excited about. My ideal job would be to Project Manage gigs on a regular basis
- Working within the label team in the work experience program, assisting in the day to day duties of the label. - Sat in on client meetings with the label as well as international marketing meetings. - Conducted interviews with bands and coordinated external press interviews. - Helped create a marketing schedule for online media. - Assisted with tour management logistics. - Serviced press releases to magazines and journalists. - Updated websites and internal databases as well as online and print press reports.
- Worked for two days at Field Day Festival where I ran a stall for the day including stock rotation and managing money. The second day involved helping in the clear up and break down of the festival.
- I assisted in the production of events and organising the bands backline and technical requirements for shows - I also interacted with audiences, dealt with door sales, cashed up at the end of each event and co-ordinated all relevant communication from the audience to relevant members of staff.
I assisted the Events Manager in day-to-day activities including the marketing and promotion of events, attending meetings to create new events and running the event on the actual day.
- I was a member of the company’s sales team throughout the month-long festival, promoting shows to members of the public through sales pitches and marketing material encouraging them to buy tickets to the show. - I assisted in liaising between the artists and management, and was offered the opportunity to stay on with the company for a future event which resulted in an assignment selling for a show after a performance of Live at the Apollo in November 2012.
- Through networking, secured work placement within EMI’s Music Productions department, assisting the team and shadowing management on day-to-day tasks. - Composed various playlists from EMI’s Library and delivered them to clients, primarily within the broadcast sector.