You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Multi-talented and Multi-Faceted creative individual looking for new experiences and new horizons. Keen photographer, deep thinker, innovative image-maker, confident educator and exciting creative art director. Available to work on a Free-Lance basis and interested in full-time work if it challenges me on a daily basis.
• Free LancePortrait and events photographer, specialising in art studio and creative process documentary. • Innovative visual artist, producing art direction elaborate performances and commissioned painting works. • Founding contributor and residential visual artist of ‘Assembly House’ studio gallery in Leeds. • Featured artworks in print and online for New York Times, Guardian, i100 & Yorkshire Post. • Produced research articles for independent outlet Dilate, featured and interviewed by Avenir. • Developed a public seminar about personal portfolio work for Free-Range graduate fair 2014. • Junior art direction and events assistance for several independent projects at Assembly House Studios & Lady Beck galleries. Including developmental roles during emerging art exhibitions and live events.
• Manually supports two builders in the safe production and management of residential and civic construction sites in line with national rules and regulations. • Organises the material delivery process regularly, implementing clear communication and the practical handling of heavy objects in rapidly changing and dangerous working environments. • Developing new construction skills and understanding of teamwork through versatile approach to semi-skilled labour, duties have included bricklaying, woodworking and machine driving.
• Assisted management in the opening of a new retail branch, helping to organise shop installation, manage large deliveries, organise launch promotions and canvas local areas. • Responsible for the store in the absence of team management, with key functional duties during set-up or close down, including cash handling, staff briefing and commercial reporting. • Provided the highest standard of customer service possible to make each client feel welcome. • Co-ordinated with company management in the development of staff skills or product training. • Delivered beginner and intermediate art workshops to increase sales and product awareness.
• Research assistant for the learning curators during the planning and production of a 3 day, youth-led arts festival held at Tate Liverpool, supporting venue management and volunteers. • Received youth inclusion development training by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, functioning as a vital point of contact between young contributors, gallery directors and other organisations. • Directly liaised with visual artists, designers and musicians, organising logistical planning and guiding innovative collaboration in the pursuit of several large interactive, digital art projects. • Established ‘The Creative Forum’ workshop strand for young artists, developing a robust critical engagement programme that explored influential art through conceptual/practical thought. • Researched program aims to develop clear administration reporting and implementation strategies. • Worked closely with the Marketing team to develop great press and promotion for the Learning department.
• Developed, outlined and produced community-based photographic projects for Leeds photograph studios. • Worked to fulfil photographic briefs set by company director, lead photographer and associated clients. • Managed photographic equipment, lighting studio and clients during the production of creative photography. • Batch edited photographs, colour matching, digital manipulation and post-production on film and videography • Attended events and local community groups for documentation, included street photography and organisation documentation.
1st Class Honours, specialising in Visual arts and photography, participatory arts and performance painting,
Distinction grade - Specialising in Fine Art, Photograohy and Sculpture
Chosen as Top-Pick Artist by Exhibition Director and leading Industry professionals. Awarded 'Best emerging Artist' for graduate art fair featuring the best specialist schools across the UK. http://fadmagazine.com/2013/08/11/alexander-dodgson-free-range-emerging-art-award-artist-9-answers-fads-questions/
Given award for outstanding effort and contribution to Foundation Degree Course