Having a Fine Art background, my artwork has been short-listed twice for the HIX Award, featured in British GQ. Currently specialising in digital illustration. Visual design and interaction design for industry-leading educational brand Pearson, from promotional content for marketing, to user experience and interaction design for Pearson's on-screen assessments. Highly experienced in image research and have selected the imagery for the Apprenticeships brand over the last two years. 5+ years experience creating internal communications, currently in charge of content and design for the UK Schools, and Marketing internal newsletters. Accessibility Lead: championing accessible designs, worked on accessible internal websites and implemented a company-wide accessible PowerPoint template. www.alexandriafrances.co.uk and https://www.behance.net/AlexandriaFrances
- Digital Self-portraitThis is my first self-portrait using Adobe Illustrator. This took me a couple of weeks to complete due to the large file size and thousands of layers! I really enjoyed this process and creating a more realistic illustration, so there will be more to come. Instagram: @alexandriafrancesart Linkedin /AlexandriaFrances
- Digital Pet Portrait Art | Flat IllustrationThese are two pet portraits I created using Illustrator, for commission. The first one is a cat called Jasper, a chilled-out cat with amazing green eyes, who likes to sleep all day. The second is, Coco, half Chihuahua, half Jack Russel, and goes by the Instagram handle Speedy_Coco for her 100 mph energy. For both of these illustrations, I wanted to create an abstract flat image and pull out the highlights by using bright exaggerated colours. I the pen and pencil tools on illustrator, buildi
- Balloon Dog Installation | ExhibitionOriginally produced for the Apex Exhibition 2016, this was also exhibited at Unit London Gallery as part of the Hix award. Is art no more than a commodity in today's society? Balloon Dog is an appropriation of Jeff Koons' Balloon Dog (1994 - 2000). I have worked with sculpture, installation, and video to explore the commodification of art, value and the art market. By using inexpensive materials such as balloons and spray paint, I juxtapose the unbreakable and intimidating sculpture of Koons'
- Hix Award 2018: The Reconstruction of SculptureI was shortlisted as a finalist for the 2018 Hix Award, showing at Hix Art Gallery from 15th September to 11th November, then being moved to Coutts from January to March 2019. My work explores the act of painting as sculpture, merging the boundaries of both mediums to explore materiality and process. The Reconstruction of Sculpture is a process-led piece, in which the manipulation of the material’s properties dictate the visual aesthetic through the heat distortion. The work is designed to
Design and Media Acquisition SupportPearson
London, United KingdomFull Time
• Support Senior Designers, Media Producers, and the Marketing Design manager on image research and design for print and digital publications across Pearson products, and marketing material from brief to final design. • User experience and interaction design for on-screen assessments, user testing and HTML/CSS asset creation. • Technical drawings for Maths papers, and illustration for diverse Pictograms. • Internal communication design: in charge of content and design for the UK Schools, and Marketing newsletters, bringing value to our employees. • Accessiblilty lead: championing accessible design work and implemented accessibility PowerPoint templates and intranet. • Contract Management/Finance: Produce artwork contracts, PO’s, and manage relationships with freelancers.
Customer Communications AssistantThomas Cook
Peterborough, United KingdomFull Time
• Wedding pack rebrand: Liaised with Creative and Marketing to design more effective wedding packs, after spotting design flaws. Reaching 1000+ UK customers. • Internal Communication: Quickly trusted to manage my own newsletter projects, delivered to 1000+ staff across contact centres in the UK and Bulgaria. This included design and content. • Successfully prepared staff for the implementation of a new process, delivering 20+ hours of training through regular sessions and creating detailed guides for the team. • Created internal promotional items for company charity events using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. • Built a network of contacts in the Creative and Marketing teams, which led to involvement in creating social media posts for the ‘City Break’ Instagram page and assets for their email campaigns. • Accounts administration (raise PO’s, goods receipt invoices using Coupa and contacting suppliers).
+ Show more
- Final Cut Pro
- Art Curation
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Visual Communication
- Adobe Photoshop
Master of Arts in Fine ArtUniversity of Lincoln
- Lincoln, United Kingdom
Thesis: ‘The Duality of Art; A Critique of Sculptural Economy’ My thesis within my Master's developed to critique commercial art and investigates how art can obtain another value other than material value. Artists studied include Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons, Andy Warhol, Jason Rhoades, Richard Long, Michael Landy, Tony Cragg, Constantin Brancusi, Anish Kapoor and Lynda Benglis for their approaches to sculpture and materiality, as well as their position in a critique of the market. The concept of capitalism is studied critically with reference to Karl Marx and Frederic Jameson, and provides a context for my artwork, in how the production of art is influenced by our cultural values. Skills: Research & Analysis, Art Critique, Thesis Writing, Curation, Exhibition Preparation, Teamwork, Communication, Social Media, Sculpture, Painting, Film Making.
BA(Hons) Fine ArtUniversity of Lincoln
- Lincoln, United Kingdom
My final year dissertation focused on consumerism and the buying and selling of art, critiquing artists Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst and Andy Warhol, on the commercial art industry. I worked with sculpture, digital photography, and video to explore the interdependent relationship between the art market and commodity. Focusing on details within high shine materials, the value that consumerist objects hold, and the art market. Using primarily silver tones to evoke a connection to precious metals, I used materials to shift representation. Work investigated the effect mass production and consumption has had on art through appropriating Jeff Koons’ ‘Balloon Dog’ (1994 – 2000), with focus on its market value in comparison to a commodity.
+ Show more