Having returned from solo travels and working abroad for 14 months, I am seeking entry-level editorial roles. I have excellent editorial, administrative and organisational skills within book and magazine publishing houses. I am a positive, organised and inquisitive reader bursting with curiosity about books and am eager to continue developing my skills in this industry. Relevant skills include: organisation, prioritisation, attention to detail, Biblio (B3), Microsoft Office, proofreading, copywriting, digital marketing, editing and social media.Locked Pro Plan feature
Using B3 to draft press releases and campaign updates, creating showcards, assisting with multiple large mailouts with competing deadlines, assisting a cross-promotional campaign, archiving, filing, data entry and research for publicity projects.
Practising self-discipline to meet deadlines while creating engaging, concise copy for Harrods’s online platform.
Researching and writing copy for features, sourcing material for print and online, assisting with strict deadlines, transcribing interviews, telephone and email communications and assisting senior editors with assignments.
- Conducting and transcribing telephone interviews - Attending and reporting at events - Writing and researching for a published feature (with my own byline) - Writing and researching for copy - Liaising with PR Teams - Sourcing experts for article material - General administrative tasks
- General administrative tasks - Reading and reviewing submissions - Proofreading manuscripts - Processing orders and taking deliveries
Three days a week, I managed Sant's Facebook platform to tailor posts to engage with our target audience to promote and market the magazine's image and content.
- Formatting and editing articles for nationwide website using CMS - Providing feedback for online writers and helping improve their content ideas - Creating, submitting and editing own content
As Assistant Editor, I assisted the editor with tasks relating to the publication of the students' magazine, such as proofreading, task delegation, recording minutes from meetings and writing a column for each issue.
- Liaising with students and parents and helping with any queries - Representing the department of English and Drama to potential students
- Writing engaging and punchy lifestyle content for the student-millennial demographic - Expanding my online writing portfolio with 129,000 + writer profile views
This role required liaising between the host committee and official SPA committee, ensuring promotional material was orchestrated effectively and the conference was as widely reached as possible.
- Scheduling and taking telephone interviews - Working and liaising with a photographer - Creating content for the Features section - Researching material for the News section
For this role, I recruited writers for my section, produced and directed relevant and quality content and managed Features as part of Label Magazine to the highest standard.
Modules included: Dissertation: Mindless Horror: Gendered Mental Illness in Stephen King’s The Shining, Misery and Christine. American Nightmare II: Horror Film, British Drama, Victorian Literature, Sensation Fiction, Critical Studies 1/2, Cruel and Unusual: Punishment on Trial in American Culture, Global America, Introduction to Linguistics, Introduction to Poetry 1/2, Introduction to the Short Story and Modernisms.