I recently graduated with an MA in Publishing from London College of Communication, University of the Arts London (UAL). Previously I obtained a BA Honors Degree in Graphic and Media Design from UAL. I specialise in editorial design, illustration, project management, and journalistic writing. I have experience working for various companies, such as magazines, film studios, galleries and networking companies but my passion lies within publishing. I am currently seeking a full time job within the creative industries. Most recently I was a part of the Art team at ELLE magazine where I supported the Creative Director, Art Director and Designer. Previously, I worked with the fashion team at Dazed magazine assisting the Creative Director and Fashion Assistants. I have produced and conceptualised two publishing platforms, Mellow Drama Magazine and Perspective Magazine. For Mellow Drama I am currently co-editor, designer and founder, I work collaboratively with the other editors, manage contributors, and create artwork for and manage social media. For Perspective I was the the project manager and editorial designer, where I managed the editorial, design and production teams. For all inquiries or a copy of my CV please email me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
- 26 Days of IllustrationCreator Illustrator Recently the Instagram account @36daysoftype set a challenge for designers worldwide: every day for 36 days post a picture of an original typeset until you get through letters A-Z and numbers 1-10. There were some incredible submissions and while I could not participate at the time of the challenge, it inspired me to start my own. I created 26 Days of Illustration. It is still inspired by the alphabet but instead of type it is about illustrations. I have decided to choose f
- Mellow Drama Magazinemellowdramamagazine.com As a creative artistic compilation of real people and real stories, we seek to provide a space for individuals to share what is important to them through a variety of mediums. Content can include anything from personal narratives to creative writing, photography, video, illustration, and more. The goal is to provide a platform for people–both contributors, as well as our audience–to explore identity at the intersections of social structures and current affairs. We aim
- Chatting Schitt with Ben and AliFor our pilot episode we thought we should start with a bang and talk about one of the big challenges for our generation: work-life balance. All of us have to deal with, but everyone has to find their own answers for this complex question. We both are also struggling to find the right balance, but talking about this issue might help to see certain things in a different light. First Ali wants to discuss an article she read in the New York Times called "Why Are Young People Pretending to Love Wo
- The Machine StopsDesigner Production Reprographics on Tracing Paper Perfect Bound The Machine Stops is a short story by author E.M Foster. As one of my first editorial pieces of university, my design represents the plot of the story using only typography. The story is broken up into three sections, each representing a development within the plot. It starts out well constructed, and as the sections continue it develops into more of a manic story line. The story is based on a system of living called "the machin
- Funke Record SleeveDesigner Production Reprographics Record + Sleeve Design Funke is an electro band whose image is a tribute to the font Iwan Stencil. The band was conceptualized by a group of Graphic and Media Design students and myself during our second year of university. Our project was to create a band and record sleeve design based entirely off of an assigned font. The creator of Iwan Stencil is the designer Jan Tschichold who was born in Germany. The word stencil is derived from the latin word scinti
+ View all
London, United KingdomInternship
Assisted the Creative Director and Fashion Assistants in fittings and as a stylist assistant on shoots. Liaised with design department and external PRs to select and arrange garments and accessories for shoots. Provided assistance for shoots including making appointments with vintage boutiques and selecting and picking up garments and accessories. Maintained the fashion cupboard which is imperative to the smooth operation of shoots. Managed other interns to maintain an organised operation. Organised and compiled items for shoots for the Creative Director. Created the first ever "Dazed Intern Handbook" to facilitate a smooth handover for future interns. Overall support of the department.
Co HostChatting Sh*t Podcast
London, United KingdomFreelance
Chatting Sh*t podcast centres around the relationship between millennials and current affairs. It is a chance for my co-host, Ben and I to come together and discuss relevant world issues through the eyes of two millennials.
+ Show more
- Editorial Design
- Logo Design
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Editorial Writing
- UI Design
- Graphic Design
Master's Degree in PublishingUniversity of The Arts London (UAL)
- London, United Kingdom
Thesis Title: Print is dead: debunked, and why independent magazines are and always have been the future of print. An exploration of the history behind the death of print, the current industry and how the digital sphere and the Internet has affected present day and future print publishing. Designed a zine for the Royal Academy of Art (RA) highlighting their event The Birthday Party, celebrating 250 years of the RA. Project manager and lead designer for the magazine Perspective that highlights issues of modern and intersectional feminism. Managed the editorial, production and art direction teams. Collaborated on a marketing campaign for the magazine Accent, including marketing strategy analysis and conceptualisation of campaign from inception to presentation. Contributed to designing the user interface (UI) model for the application ReadinGo, which focuses on using augmented reality (AR) to create an interactive reading network. Created and hosted a podcast for Spread the Word, London’s biggest writing development agency, who supports upcoming authors, writing competition: London Short Story.
BA Graphic and Media DesignUniversity of The Arts London (UAL)
- London, United Kingdom
Specialised in editorial design and illustration. Designed the magazine Mellow Drama issue one and two in print before converting it to an online digital publishign platform. Worked on a social design project that included an model development and marketing strategy for a conceptualised company named FlightsOut aimed at changing the way students travel.
+ Show more