A London-based editor and copywriter making content more meaningful. I mostly write about lifestyle, technology and the arts, but I have also worked on digital strategy and SEO. All the best media is inherently social: I can make it, distribute it, measure it and make it even better the next time round; always with a compelling point of view.
+ Show more
- FACTORY INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE – COPYWRITINGThe biannual Manchester International Festival is evolving into a year-round venue called Factory International, with all the expectation and scepticism that comes with it. Their new website had to feel like a big, warm welcome. A virtual front door swung wide open while the real ones are being made. I was approached by the marketing team to develop a distinct, direct tone of voice that puts the audience first, shows care and offers encouragement. Then, to convey all the key information across d
- Cancelled: Dixie Chicks [podcast]Were @thechicks (fka #DixieChicks) the first internet cancellation? If so, who was behind it and how did the group survive it? For this episode of Broccoli Productions podcast Cancelled, I travelled back to 2003 when one anti-war comment turned country music's darlings into disgraced "Saddam Lovers". A curious lens through which to consider #freespeech, patriotism, the mechanics of a boycott and the consequences of dissent.
- Clear Channel UK x POCC billboard campaign – AgeIn August 2021, I saw a callout on the Instagram page of POCC to submit a piece of art or writing on the theme of “age”. POCC is a brilliant platform and network amplifying the work of people of colour who are either part of the creative industries or hope to be. They have already collaborated with outdoor media owner Clear Channel to place “artist-in-residence” work on digital billboards across the UK on topics including mental health and Pride (specifically drag queen and activist Marsha P Jo
- Vodafone Business – A 5G TransformationBrief Film production agency Wing London asked me to write a series of Wired-style case studies for Vodafone, demonstrating how 5G technology is transforming businesses across multiple sectors. These pieces should reflect the company's tone of voice, weave in the core messages for each vertical and incorporate SEO keywords. Most importantly, they should go beyond the stock benefits of 5G – ultra-low latency, high bandwidth and capacity – and explain what's possible now that couldn't be done
- #AnthemsHome podcast seriesI was commissioned by Broccoli Content to contribute to Anthems Home – "a collection of 31 original manifestos, speeches, stories, poems and meditations written and voiced by people all over the world". Writers were asked to choose a word of the day to offer listeners, together with our interpretation. I chose to riff on this idea of "belonging". Home as something other than a specific place or destination. It could be corporeal, a feeling of residing comfortably within yourself. Our skin as a
- Lexus content programmeI directed a pan-European content programme for automotive brand Lexus – from concept to launch. This comprised an APA award-winning customer magazine (published in 12 localised editions) and projects across several other channels including e-newsletter, web and social. I managed a bureau of more than 20 writers, planning and commissioning premium lifestyle content, enhancing features with photo essays, playlists and blog diaries, and producing overseas drive stories. I liaised directly with cli
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Free Form Frequency @ V&A MuseumCreative direction and performance media contribution for a V&A summer pilot. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Design collaborator, Yink Danmole Art direction by Sarah Eun, @sarhhv. Logo design by Euphemia Franklin. @euphemia.work. Photography by Alexander Kell, @a_lexanderkell and Kevin Luckhurst, @KevinLuckhurst. Cinematography by Razvan Pestean. Video editing Daniel Oduntan. Featured artists: Melanie Charles Demi Ma Provokief Nicolah Hicks Jayson Wynters Daniel Odun
- Palm Wine Beats Live @ Total Refreshment CentreIn 2015 I started a sound archive project called Lo-Fi Odysseys, I produced two volumes of a playlist series called Palm Wine Beats, a documentary mixtape that explored my Nigerian audio heritage. A year later it was turned into a 12 hour exhibition of African creativity and the diaspora. Creative Direction/Curation, Daniel Oduntan Producer/Host, Amar Patel Press/Marketing, Diva Muanza Image Credit: Eddie Otchere, contact sheet. NTS, The Do!! You!!! Breakfast Show w/ Charlie Bones. Film and
- 64 Bits @ Here East, Publicis LondonCreative direction for co curated exhibition by Digital Archaeologist founder Jim Boulton at Here East and Publicis London. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Photo credit: Kevin Luckhurst, @kevluckhurst Artist credits: Rahoul Drewitt, Raman Aso, Imani Kahlo and Chiizii.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Soul Labels is a polymath group nurturing artists and widening access to the creative industries. We have worked on everything from an exhibition about the early days of the web to a half-day festival about the Wu-Tang Clan and their influence on hip-hop culture. My responsibilities: – Managing and editing written content – Generating ideas for projects – Overseeing production (troubleshooting, managing projects, teams and budgets) – Chairing panel discussions – Helping to find new talent and partnership opportunities www.soullabels.com
Copywriter and EditorI Make Sense
London, United KingdomFreelance
I am versatile editor and copywriter who can develop your content strategy and SEO plan. Whoever my client may be, I always find the tone that is most appropriate to their particular audience and craft persuasive copy to suit a specific point in the customer 'journey'. I am multi-disciplinary and always looking for new challenges, particularly in the charity and non-profit sectors. A few examples of projects: – Brand development, tone of voice guidelines, information architecture and social media strategies for businesses including venture capitalists Brompton Ventures, social enterprise BuddyHub and IT consultancy TSP – Script development for film production studio Mother Brown Films (clients include Xerox and Bali resort Tandjung Sari) as well as premium knife brand Edge of Belgravia – Developing concepts through copy, eg banner ads for Bing – Product copy for Microsoft among others – Feature assignments for publications such as Straight No Chaser and writing blog articles about anything from the growing popularity of niche magazines to free speech in the new media age Having trouble finding the right words? Visit www.imakesense.org/portfolio.
+ Show more
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Web Content
- Content and Media Writing
- Script Writer
Diploma in Documentary FilmmakingLondon Academy of Media Film & TV
- London, United Kingdom
Documentary filmmaking (from media law and camera operation to short film project work and editing)
+ Show more